Amazing AAA Discounts
By now everyone knows that AAA is a great membership for drivers to have. One of the worst feelings in the world is walking up to your car and seeing you have a flat tire. Or hearing a weird clicking sound coming from the engine. Or being stranded on the side of the highway.
Take your pick: they all suck.
But that’s what AAA is for — one quick call and they’ll take care of you. The best part: not having to worry about how much it's going to cost.
The totally reasonable $57 annual membership fee is well worth it. One call to get your car jump started, towed, or to have a flat fixed pays for itself. And even if it doesn't happen, it's nice to have that peace of mind when you're on the road.
But wait, there’s more.
But there’s more to a AAA membership — turns out there are literally hundreds of additional discounts that come with your trusty AAA membership card.
I just joined over the weekend because my car wouldn't start (it was the alternator), and after joining to get the car jump started, I started to research exactly what other perks came with my basic $57 membership.
I was shocked at how many there were, but here are some of my favorites:
- Dell: Up to 30% Off. I’ve bought my last three computers from Dell and this is just another reason to continue shopping with them...unless I finally make the move to a Mac.
- Target: 10% Off (update: this is online only). Who doesn’t shop at Target? It's a great place to save on everyday stuff like toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and clothes.
- Payless Shoes: 10% Off. Don’t ask me what roadside service has to do with shoes, but who cares?
- Kohls: 15% off $100+ (update: this is also online only): The best part about this deal is it's in addition to any other coupons or deals the store is having. That's some big-time savings right there.
- Hertz. Traveling is synonymous with renting a car and exploring a new city or landscape. So why not save some coin? They have a bunch of deals to save on daily rates, weekly rates, and even free days when you rent for a certain amount.
- Hotels. I still like Hotwire the best, but AAA holds its own ground. From Hyatt, Hampton, Hilton, and Omni hotels, there are tons to choose from depending on the type of place you like to stay at. Get up to 25% off the daily rate or get perks like free breakfast during your stay.
- Free Maps and Guides. I love maps — it’s the best way to familiarize myself with a new place or explore new areas around my current hometown of Chicago.
- DMV Services. Hate the DMV? Join the club — literally. A lot of the stuff you need to go to the DMV for can be done at your local AAA office. Now that's service!
To check out all the deals, go to AAA.com and click on the Savings button at the top of the page. Oh and if you decide to join and want to get out of paying the enrollment free, enter the promotional code 0SGN (that's a zero by the way).
What's your favorite AAA perk/discount?
Like this article? Pin it!
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.