Ask the Readers: Are Checks a Thing of the Past? (Chance to win $20!)
***Congrats to our winners! ***
- #13 I am forced to write one check a month for my rent. For some reason this is all that the community will accept.
- ashepherd35 No.. still use them for paying bills, making donations, etc.
Who writes checks anymore? Apparently, enough of us to justify large "No personal checks accepted" signs on restaurant doors, and services that verify that you have funds before your purchase is complete. Many of our small town grocers still take them, no questions asked — but times they are a-changin!
We want to know if you still write checks. If so, do you write them old school (filling out every line?) Maybe you just hand a blank one over to the cashier to be run electronically. Perhaps you've abandoned the practice altogether. Let us know if checks are still a part of your life, and you'll be entered to win one of two $20 Amazon gift cards!
Feel free to link to a blog post, if you're written on this topic! We'll include it in our post upon the conclusion of our giveaway!
Win one of two $20 Amazon gift cards:
We're doing two giveaways — one for random comments, and another one for random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
- Contest ends Monday, May 17th at 11:59 pm CST. Winners will be announced after May 17th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings — once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)