Ask the Readers: Camp Much? (Chance to win $20!)
*** Congrats to our winners!***
- Make a master list so that your trip is safe, on budget, and enjoyable. Just like when packing for any other vacation (medication, insurance card, emergency contact info), you need to be sure that you have EVERYTHING. If it's just in the backyard, you can run back inside for that special blankie. If you forgot the propane to the camp stove/contact solution/camera batteries, it will be ridiculously expensive in the store near the campground. Your vacation will turn into torture if you forget the toilet paper and you're miles into a National Forest. Make a spreadsheet in Excel or a pencil list in a notebook, but have a list you can check off while packing.
It's summertime, and for many, it means frugal vacationing by camping! Whether you pitch a tent and rough it, or choose to hook up your luxury RV, there are many ways to enjoy the outdoors, beautiful scenery, and friends and family -- without going over budget.
We want to know if you love to camp and how you make it an amazing (and affordable) experience. Do you camp every year? Or do you leave the experience to those more suited for the great outdoors? Let us know what makes the trip special, and you'll be entered to win one of two $20 Amazon gift cards!
Feel free to link to a blog post, if you've written on this topic! We'll include it in our post upon the conclusion of our giveaway!
Win one of three $20 Amazon gift cards:
We're doing three giveaways — one for random comments, one for random Facebook "Likes", and another one for random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Go to our Facebook page, "Like" us, then "Like" the update mentioning this giveaway (you can comment, as well -- but you don't have to for entry.)
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
- Contest ends Monday, July 19th at 11:59 pm CST. Winners will be announced after July 19th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter all three drawings — once by leaving a comment, once by liking our Facebook update, and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
- Only those who have "Liked" both our Facebook page and the contest update will be entered.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.