Ask the Readers: Do You Grow Your Own Food?
Editor's Note: Congratulations to Alissa, Therese, and Mary for winning this week's contest!
Growing your own food can be a very rewarding activity in many ways, from watching the fruits of your labor grow day by day to enjoying the actual fruits (and vegetables!) harvested fresh from your garden. You'll trim your grocery expenses over time, and if you join a co-op or community garden, you'll even expand your social circle!
Of course, it may take some time, labor, and upfront costs to get a garden planted and flourishing. While it's useful to have your own food garden, it might not fit some people's lifestyle.
Do you grow your own food? Where do you grow them? Have some crops been more successful than others? What issues have you come across, and how did you solve them? If you don't grow your own food, would you like to? What would you grow?
Tell us whether you grow your own food and we'll enter you in a drawing to win a $20 Amazon Gift Card!
Win 1 of 3 $20 Amazon Gift Cards
We're doing three giveaways — here's how you can win!
- Post your answer in the comments below. One commenter will win a $20 Amazon Gift Card!
For extra entries:
- You can tweet about our giveaway for an extra entry. Also, our Facebook fans can get an extra entry too! Use our Rafflecopter widget for your chance to win one of the other two Amazon Gift Cards: a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Contest ends Monday, May 20th at 11:59 pm Pacific. Winners will be announced after May 20th on the original post. Winners will also be contacted via email.
- You can enter all three drawings — once by leaving a comment, once by liking our Facebook update, and once by tweeting.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered, or associated with Facebook.
- You must be 18 and US resident to enter. Void where prohibited.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.