Ask the Readers: Do You Honestly Follow a Budget? (Chance to win $20)
Everyone claims to know about budgeting. Many more will say that they have one, and just as many will swear that they follow it. But do they really? Does following a budget involve more than just not overspending on your budgetary categories? Or is it enough to just stay within a general framework so you can pay your bills and not incur any debt?
What do you think it takes to "budget" effectively? And do you do so yourself? (Be honest...not everyone feels like they have to budget to be financially savvy — and that's OK!) Who has taught you the meaning of a budget or has inspired you to follow one? Let us know your thoughts in order to be entered to win one of three $20 Amazon gift cards! Feel free to link to a blog post, if you've written on this topic! We'll include it in our post upon the conclusion of our giveaway!
Win one of three $20 Amazon gift cards:
We're doing three giveaways — one for random comments, one for random Facebook "Likes", and another one for random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Go to our Facebook page, "Like" us, then "Like" the update mentioning this giveaway (you can comment, as well -- but you don't have to for entry.)
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
- Contest ends Monday, Aug 30th at 11:59 pm CST. Winners will be announced after Aug 24th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter all three drawings — once by leaving a comment, once by liking our Facebook update, and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
- Only those who have "Liked" both our Facebook page and the contest update will be entered.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.