Ask the Readers: Do You Look Forward to Tax Time? (Your Chance to win $20!)
***Congrats to our winners!***
- Comment #117 - Love it! Submitted by Karen on January 20, 2010 - 12:54. I'm a CPA, so tax time is my time to shine! I love seeing clients and helping them get their returns completed. It's also when I work six days a week so I can relax and work 4 days a week the rest of the year ;-)
Depending on who you are, they can mean very different things. For some, filing taxes means a big refund will soon end up directly deposited in your checking account. For others, it means you'll be catching up on self-employment taxes and looking forward to a big bill. Most of us lie somewhere in the middle, looking forward to breaking even or perhaps getting a modest return that we can use for paying down debt or putting away for a rainy day.
What are your thoughts on tax time? Do you dread it? Anxiously await it? We'd love to hear your thoughts, fears, and plans for getting some of your own hard-earned cash back. (We encourage you to link to your own blog posts if you've covered a similar topic on your own site.) Let us know your stories here in our comment thread or on Twitter, and you'll be entered to win one of two $20 Amazon giveaways. (Yes, that's right! We've doubled our prize money!) Dozens of readers have already won. You could be next!
Win a $20 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways — one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Friday, January 22nd at 11:59 am CST. Winners will be announced after January 22nd on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings — once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.