Ask the Readers: Do you Return Gifts? (Chance to Win $10!)
We've all experienced a gift of a sweater that was too small (or worse yet, itchy.) There are even tales of fine art presents that missed the mark of good taste and ended up hanging in the garage. Then there are cases of getting two of something, where returning one would only make sense. What are you gift return policies?
Are you one of those giftees who keep a gift — no matter what — often subjecting it to a life of solitude in the back of a closet or a box in the attic? Or do you gladly exchange for something you'll love? Do you save something that's "not your thing" for a future White Elephant gift exchange or the drop-off location at your local Goodwill store? We want to know what you think is acceptable in the world of gifting.
Share your thoughts here in our comment thread or on Twitter, and you'll be entered to win one of two $10 Amazon giveaways. It's just enough to pay for the return postage on a gift returned to Amazon. Dozens of readers have already won. You could be next!
Win a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways — one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Friday, December 18th at 11:59 am CST. Winners will be announced after December 18th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings — once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.