Ask the Readers: Do You Trust Product Reviews? (Chance to win $20!)
*** Congrats to our winners! *****
Comment #40: product reviews - Submitted by Therese on March 9, 2010 - 19:45 I always check out product reviews from multiple sources to get a good overview. I have been pretty happy with them so far, so I think they are mostly reliable.
- hotshot1084 I read reviews, I'm very cautious of reviews & read them with the mindset of no reviews perfect & contains partial truths #WBAsk
How do you know which products are worth buying? Do you ever rely on product reviews for your guidance? With all the blogs and websites offering reviews and opinions on which are the best, how can you know who to trust?
We want your feedback on blogs and bias. Do you think that there is a way to tell if a review is honest? If not, is this something you'd like to see in the future? What would it look like? As part of an upcoming SXSW session on FTC compliance and blogs, Wise Bread will be addressing these issues in an effort to get a better idea of what the online community really wants. We'll be discussing ways to ensure accountability and transparency.
Share your thoughts, either below in the comments or on Twitter, and you could be entered to win one of two Amazon gift cards! And remember, if you're going to be at SXSW, it's not too late to RSVP to our session at: http://www.wisebread.com/trustblog#rsvp. You can meet Wise Bread writers Adam Baker, Thursday Bram, Linsey Knerl, and the Wise Bread founding team!
Don't forget -- you can also win during our specially-scheduled Twitter event. More details can be found on our Twitter promotion page.
Win a $20 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways — one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Friday, March 12th at 11:59 am CST. Winners will be announced after March 12th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings — once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)