Ask the Readers: Hamburger, What to Do With It? (A Chance to win $20!)
*** Congrats to our winners! ***
- Comment #109 -I usually brown ground beef Submitted by Gina on January 7, 2010 - 18:00 "I usually brown ground beef and then add it to any vegetarian chili recipe--it makes it heartier!"
- char_anderson I love making Cincinnati Chili with hamburger. I live 2000 miles from Cincinnati so have a friend send me the seasoning. #WBAsk
Everyone knows that in most instances, hamburger is an affordable meat option. You can brown it, bake it, patty it, or fry it. Problem is...it gets a bit tiring when it's the ONLY meat you can afford. With so many people using hamburger in the world, why can't we move beyond our traditional meals of spaghetti, pizza, meatloaf, and sloppy joes? Certainly some of you have inspiration for something extra special you can make with ground beef!
We want to hear your unique dish ideas for the ground stuff. Maybe you have an ethnic treat that you've adapted to accommodate lean ground round. Perhaps you've managed to turn it into a gourmet masterpiece that we've never heard of. (We encourage you to link to your own blog posts if you've blogged a recipe on your own site.) Share your thoughts, tips, or tricks here in our comment thread or on Twitter, and you'll be entered to win one of two $20 Amazon giveaways. (Yes, that's right! We've doubled our prize money!) Dozens of readers have already won. You could be next!
Win a $20 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways — one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Friday, January 8th at 11:59 am CST. Winners will be announced after January 8th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings — once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.