Ask the Readers: Have You Ever Re-Gifted?
*** We have our winners! *****
- Comment #1 Regifting Submitted by Jessica P on December 1, 2009 - 10:35.
I have regifted and plan on regifting again this year. I got a nice gift at a holiday party- it's a "wax potporri warmer" you put the wax scented tart on top and light a tealight candle on the bottom and as the tart melts the scent is released. It's pretty and holiday themed, but it's not necessarily my style. I would probably use it, but not often. My husband and I thought his sister might like it and appreciate it more than we would, so we're deciding to give it to her as a Christmas gift. I really don't have a problem regifting and I wouldn't have a problem if someone has regifted to me (they might have and I don't know it), if the other person would enjoy it more than you would, I don't see the big deal. However, if you're regifting junk, then it's a problem. My husband wanted me to regift a music box to my niece, but she's only 6 and is very tomboyish, plus, it's really ugly and I wouldn't want my brother and sister in law thinking I thought that was a nice gift, so I refused to regift that.
- Tamarametcalf19 I totally regift. In fact I won a bunch of baby stuff from some giveaways that are going in my in-laws gift basket! @wisebread and #WBAsk
It's a sticky subject, but something that is very common. We're talking regifting, and with the economy making shopping new a little bit harder than last year, it's something that everything seems to be talking about. Have you ever regifted? Will you consider it? And if it's something you're not ashamed of, how do you keep it classy?
Share your thoughts here in our comment thread or on Twitter, and you'll be entered to win one of two $10 Amazon giveaways. It's just enough to buy a nice gift bag and a bow to put that recycled holiday gift in (and get away with it, too!). Dozens of readers have already won. You could be next!
Looking to read more on regifting? Check out these fabulous articles:
Win a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways — one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Thursday, December 3rd at 11:59 am CST. Winners will be announced after December 3rd on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings — once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)