Ask the Readers: Hope in a New Year? (Chance to Win $10)
** Congrats to our winners! ***
- Comment #33: Always Hopeful Submitted by LiveCheap.com on December 29, 2009 - 20:24 Looking to be in the best shape of my life in 2010 with a great runup in the second half of 2009. Don't expect the economy to do very well and everything will be a challenge for most people but opportunities still present themselves. Looking forward to cranking up LiveCheap further and having new addition to the family and spending more time with the people I love. Hard work doesn't always pay off every day, but over the long haul it wins out in any economy. Best wishes for everyone this year, next and beyond.
- @savingforhome I love the fresh start of the new year! The end of 2009 was extremely stressful, so I'm looking forward to the new year. @wisebread #WBAsk
As everyone relaxes from a whirlwind of holiday activity, cleans their houses and settles back into their regular routine, many are looking ahead to a bright future in 2010. Others aren't so convinced of the new year's promises, as the job market may be bleak in their area or tax time signals new financial difficulties.
With each passing year, however, we like to reflect upon the old and look hopefully toward the new, and this year is no different. What about you? Are you hopeful for what 2010 may bring? Are you scared? Do you prefer to just keep doing what you've been doing with little regard to the changing of the dates?
Share your thoughts here in our comment thread or on Twitter, and you'll be entered to win one of two $10 Amazon giveaways. Dozens of readers have already won. You could be next!
We encourage you to continue looking up, supporting one another, and being such a loyal part of our online community. And to celebrate what we think will be a FANSTASTIC 2010, we'd like to suggest these uplifting reads:
- 5 Tips for Making Do with the Right Now
- Feeling Stuck? 100 Ways to Change Your Life
- Live Like There's No Tomorrow
Win a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways — one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Friday, January 1st at 11:59 am CST. Winners will be announced after January 1st on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings — once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.