Ask the Readers: How Did You Spend Your First Paycheck?
Editor's Note: Congrats to @darastar and comment winners Eric and BRIANM. We gave out no Facebook prize because due to a technical glitch beyond our control, this story was not properly published on Facebook. So instead, we gave out an extra commenting prize instead.
The first paycheck is one of the most important rites of passage into adulthood. It is a symbol of your financial independence, a declaration of your readiness to become a productive member of society, and probably the beginning of your life-long hatred of the payroll tax.
How did you spend your first paycheck? Did it go straight to a college or car fund? Did you give some if it to your parents? Did you learn any special lessons?
Share your story with us and we'll enter you in a drawing to win a $20 Amazon Gift Card!
Win 1 of 3 $20 Amazon Gift Cards
We're doing three giveaways — one for random comments, one for random Facebook "Likes", and another one for random tweets.
Enter 1 of 3 Ways:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Go to our Facebook page, "Like" us, then "Like" the update mentioning this giveaway (you can comment, as well — but you don't have to for entry), or
- Tweet your answer. You have to be a follower of our @wisebread account. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
- Contest ends Monday, January 17th at 11:59 pm Eastern. Winners will be announced after January 10th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email, Facebook, and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter all three drawings — once by leaving a comment, once by liking our Facebook update, and once by tweeting.
- You must be 18 and US resident to enter. Void where prohibited.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.