Ask the Readers: How Much Does it Cost to Raise a Family? (Chance to Win!)
Those of you with kids are probably feeling the recession the hardest. In fact, many people are putting off having kids in the recession because of the "costs" involved with feeding, clothing, and gifting to a child.
Our good friend, Kimberly Palmer, understands what those who want to be financially secure may not be aware of the expenses of raising a family. She's addressed this issue (along with several other worhty topics) in her new book "Generation Earn"
In her new book, she addresses the following topics:
- What should I be doing with my savings?
- Should I take on freelance jobs?
- Where should I invest my money?
- Should I buy a house or keep renting?
- Does it make sense to share a mortgage with my significant other?
- Can I afford a baby?
- Should I start a nonprofit?
- How can I support the causes I believe in?
We want to know. What does it take to raise a family in a financially-secure way these days? If you share your tips or experiences, you'll be entered to win a $20 Amazon Gift Card and one copy of Kimberly's new book! (And don't forget to join us this Thursday at 4pm CST for our weekly Tweet chat! We'll have a chance to talk with Kimberly about the cost of raising kids. You can ask your best questions for another chance to win!)
Win one of 3 $20 Amazon Gift Cards or a copy of "Generation Earn"
We're doing three giveaways — one for random comments, one for random Facebook "Likes", and another one for random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below,
- Go to our Facebook page, "Like" us, then "Like" the update mentioning this giveaway (you can comment, as well — but you don't have to for entry.)
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
- Contest ends Monday, October 18th at 11:59 pm CST. Winners will be announced after October 18th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter all three drawings — once by leaving a comment, once by liking our Facebook update, and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
- Only those who have "Liked" both our Facebook page and the contest update will be entered.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.