Ask the Readers: How Would You Balance America's Budget?
Editor's note: Congrats to our comment winner (Christine), Twitter winner (@BeforeYouInvest), and Facebook winner (Diana MS)!
The New York Times recently released an interactive game that puts you in charge of balancing our nation's budget. While not everyone will agree with all the assumptions made by the Times, this game is an interesting starting point for discussion.
How would you balance America's budget? What items would you cut? Would you raise taxes? Lower foreign aid? Rollback healthcare? You can list just one change you'd make, or give us your entire plan. Please keep the discussion civil!
Share your ideas and we'll enter you in a drawing to win a $20 Amazon Gift Card!
Win 1 of 3 $20 Amazon Gift Cards
We're doing three giveaways — one for random comments, one for random Facebook "Likes", and another one for random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below,
- Go to our Facebook page, "Like" us, then "Like" the update mentioning this giveaway (you can comment, as well — but you don't have to for entry.)
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
- Contest ends Monday, November 22nd at 11:59 pm CST. Winners will be announced after November 22nd on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter all three drawings — once by leaving a comment, once by liking our Facebook update, and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
- Only those who have "Liked" both our Facebook page and the contest update will be entered.
Good Luck! And don't forget to also check out our Windows Phone 7 Giveaway.