Ask the Readers: I used to __, but now I __ to save money.
Congrats to the Winners!
I used to just let our overdraft credit line pick up any checking account overages now I use You Need a Budget almost every day to track my expenses.
I used to check my email every 3 seconds from my phone now I enjoy a quiet moment without a data plan.
@wisebread I used to just renew my insurance, but now I shop around to save money.
We'll be asking all of you a new question next Tuesday. Stay tuned!
Fill in the blanks to this statement to win one of two $10 Amazon gift cards we're giving away:
I used to ___, but now I ___ to save money.
Some of the things I've done:
- I used to eat out all the time, but now I use my crockpot at home more often.
- I used to have a lot of junk in my car, but now I've emptied it out to save money on gas.
- I used to go out for drinks, but now I stay in for board games with friends.
By the way, check out this interesting TIME magazine article on how people's buying habits change in a recession. (Our own Linsey Knerl is featured in the article too.)
To cut expenses, consumers are going out less, a phenomenon retail analysts call cocooning. Among couples, cocooning can lead to canoodling, which can lead to ... recreation.
Win 1 of 2 $10 Amazon gift cards
2 Ways to Enter
- Post a comment below.
- Tweet your response to @wisebread.
You may enter both ways.
If you're inspired to write a full blog post, go for it! Post the link in the comments and/or tweet it to us to qualify for the drawing.
Rules and Deadline
- Contest ends tomorrow -- Wednesday, May 27 at 5:59 pm PDT.
- 1 commenter and 1 twitterer will each win a $10 Amazon gift card.
- Winners are selected by random draw.
- Winners will be announced on the Living Large on a Small Budget radio show. We'll also talk about some of the more interesting responses.
- Contacted winners have 7 days to respond before we choose another winner.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.