Ask The Readers: Should Kids Get Paid For Doing Chores?
Simple chores like doing dishes and taking out the trash can teach kids invaluable life lessons. While most parents agree on the value of chores, they are somewhat divided on whether kids should be paid for helping around the house.
Do you think kids should be paid for doing household chores? Is it a good way to teach kids the value of work? Or are you bribing kids to pull their own weight? What did your parents do?
Share your opinion, and we'll enter you in a drawing to win a $20 Amazon Gift Card and a copy of Blacklisted from the PTA.
Win 1 of 3 $20 Amazon Gift Cards
We're doing three giveaways — one for random comments, one for random Facebook "Likes," and another one for random tweets.
The three winners will each get a $20 Amazon Gift Card and their very own copy of Blacklisted from the PTA.
Extra Prize This Week: Black Listed from the PTA
Blacklisted from the PTA is an exciting new book by Lela Davidson, the editor of our sister blog Parenting Squad. Filled with hilarious and irreverent stories of motherhood, the book is a great read for any parent looking for a belly laugh and sanity. It is already getting rave reviews!
Blacklisted from the PTA is a hilarious and honest take on motherhood. With her laugh out loud funny writing style and her laser focus attention to detail, Davidson will crack moms up and make them say, “Yes, that’s exactly what I was thinking. A truly entertaining read for any exhausted mom or mom-to-be.” Kelly Wallace, Chief Correspondent, iVillage/NBC UniversalARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW
- Post your answer in the comments below
For extra entries (1 per action):
- Go to our Facebook page, "Like" us, and leave a comment telling us you did, or
- Tweet your answer. You have to be a follower of our @wisebread account. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it. Leave a link to your tweet (click the timestamp for the individual URL) in a separate comment.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
- Contest ends Monday, July 18th at 11:59 pm Pacific. Winners will be announced after July 18th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email, Facebook, and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter all three drawings — once by leaving a comment, once by liking our Facebook update, and once by tweeting.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered, or associated with Facebook.
- You must be 18 and US resident to enter. Void where prohibited.
Note: Due to recent changes in Facebook's promotions guidelines, we have restructured the entry format of our giveaways.