Ask the Readers: Silly Ways to Save (Chance to win $20)
***Congrats to our winners!***
- Guest - I entertain myself for free on weekends by going to "grand openings" -banks, stores, and new housing developments. Usually there is food, raffles, gifts or coupons for services, and entertainment. You get to meet some interesting people, win some prizes, and I'm not spending money at the mall.
- @MichaelStapp I really needed to get to Chicago, about 32 miles away. I rode my bike behind a bus to save $20
- Facebook winner: Abbey Von Gohren
Saving money is all the rage. People from all walks of life are talking about how to cut pennies and dollars from their total cost of living, but some ideas are.... not so effective. In fact, many are down right silly! Have you heard of a money-saving strategy that is more ridiculous than budget-changing? We want to know about it!
What is the silliest way you've heard of (or done) to save money? Is there a method you've heard of that is more hype than helpful?.... Let us know your thoughts in order to be entered to win one of three $20 Amazon gift cards! Feel free to link to a blog post, if you've written on this topic! We'll include it in our post upon the conclusion of our giveaway!
Win one of three $20 Amazon gift cards:
We're doing three giveaways — one for random comments, one for random Facebook "Likes", and another one for random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Go to our Facebook page, "Like" us, then "Like" the update mentioning this giveaway (you can comment, as well -- but you don't have to for entry.)
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
- Contest ends Monday, Aug 24th at 11:59 pm CST. Winners will be announced after Aug 24th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter all three drawings — once by leaving a comment, once by liking our Facebook update, and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
- Only those who have "Liked" both our Facebook page and the contest update will be entered.