Ask The Readers: To Clip or Not to Clip? (A Chance to Win $10!)
We proudly boast some of the best savings gurus here at Wise Bread. In fact, our own Carrie Kirby keeps quite a log of the best ways to save via coupons at Shoplifting With Permission and on the ChicagoNow's Frugalista blog. Sometimes, I find myself envying her savvy. After all, who wouldn't like to walk away with free coffee from time to time.
But as I learn to declutter my lifestyle, spend more time with my kids, and truly examine just how badly I need dozens of bottles of free shampoo, I struggle with whether clipping coupons is something I really need to do. What is my time worth? Can I go generic and get the same deal? Where will I store all my freebies? I go back and forth on the issue quite regularly. (Luckily, Carrie and others still inspire me to take their advice and apply it when and how it will fit my life. I feel lucky to have them as a resource!)
So what do you think, dear readers? Are you an avid coupon-clipper? Do you plan on becoming one? Have you shunned the practice out of principle, time, or apathy? Maybe you clip a little here and there, but leave the hardcore stuff to the pros... We want to hear about it! Leave a comment with your coupon clipping philosiphy, and be entered to win one ot two $10 Amazon GC's! (We award winners every week, and $10 is enough to snag a book, a music album download, or the entire digital season 1 of The Office -- plus some cookies!)
Those of you who aren’t familiar with the “drill,” read below for full details:
Win a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways -- one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Thursday, August 20th at 11:59am CST. Winners will be announced after August 20th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings -- once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)