Ask the Readers: Trash or Cash? (Chance to Win $20!)
*** Congrats to our winners! ***
- Comment #28: I will post things for sale Submitted by BRB on February 2, 2010 - 17:36. I will post things for sale on ebay or Craigslist if I know that it is worth something. If I'm not sure many times I'll still list it for free on Craigslist or freecycle just so someone else can get some use out of it if they want. Very rarely do those things end up getting thrown away.
- @darcon3 I do it all! Sell stuff on ebay or craigs list, give away when I get those bags at my door and throw away junk!
When you find something unusable, broken, or dirty, what do you do? Do you toss it? Give it to a thrift store? Recycle it? Would earning money or merchandise for your troubles (and your trash) incent you to do something better with it?
We're looking for your ideas and tips for trash, recycling, and earning money. Do you find that programs like Reyclebank encourage you to do more with your "stuff," or are you limited in your cash-back recycling efforts due to a limited infrastructure in your area? What do you usually do with stuff you can't use anymore? Do you Craiglist? Freecycle? Does getting something back affect your decisions?
Let us know your stories here in our comment thread or on Twitter, and you'll be entered to win one of two $20 Amazon giveaways. (Yes, that's right! We've doubled our prize money!) Dozens of readers have already won. You could be next!
Win a $20 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways — one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Friday, February 5th at 11:59 am CST. Winners will be announced after February 5th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings — once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)