Ask the Readers: What Was Your First Paying Job?
Editor's Note: Congratulations to Michael, Deb, and Kristen for winning this week's contest!
For a lot of young of people, their first job comes with a bunch of other firsts: the thrill of the first paycheck, the first time they have "real world" responsibilities, their first forays into work politics, etc. Whether the experience was good or bad, the first paying job is, to many, a marker for adulthood.
What was your first paying job? How did you spend your first paycheck? What important lessons did you learn while on the job?
Tell us about your first job and we'll enter you in a drawing to win a $20 Amazon Gift Card!
Win 1 of 3 $20 Amazon Gift Cards
We're doing three giveaways — here's how you can win!
- Post your answer in the comments below. One commenter will win a $20 Amazon Gift Card!
For extra entries:
- You can tweet about our giveaway for an extra entry. Also, our Facebook fans can get an extra entry too! Use our Rafflecopter widget for your chance to win one of the other two Amazon Gift Cards: a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Contest ends Monday, August 5th at 11:59 pm Pacific. Winners will be announced after August 5th on the original post. Winners will also be contacted via email.
- You can enter all three drawings — once by leaving a comment, once by liking our Facebook update, and once by tweeting.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered, or associated with Facebook.
- You must be 18 and US resident to enter. Void where prohibited.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.