Ask the Readers: What Winter Savings Tip Do You Swear By?
******We have our winners!
Comment #9: I agree that warm feet are Submitted by Holly Mc. on October 6, 2009 - I agree that warm feet are the key to being warm! I fill a 2-liter soda bottle with the hottest tap water I can run (don't try boiling water -- they melt), close the top securely, and then tuck one or two under a thick feather comforter. They (and my feet) stay warm for hours.
Tweet from 2Bfrugal Heating bills: use the crock pot: it heats the house & U have dinner finshed when your home
It's here! Fall has arrived, and with it reports of frost, breezy evenings, and *gasp* snow! If you're not already thinking ahead to how you'll ever pay that ominous heating bill, now is your chance to learn from your Wise Bread friends. We want to know your proven tips for saving money this winter. It can be on heating, gasoline, snow-shoveling bills, or even your ice rink fees. If it's winter-weather worthy, it's eligible!
Do you plaster plastic over your windows? Are you a fan of our homemade window de-icing recipes? Do you swear by your own methods for warming up your cold feet?
Share your thoughts here in our comment thread or on Twitter, and you'll be entered to win one of two $10 Amazon giveaways. It isn't enough to buy a custom fireplace, but it can assist with the cost of a nice pair of thermal underwear. Dozens of readers have already won. You could be next!
Win a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways -- one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Thursday, October 8th at 11:59 am CST. Winners will be announced after October 8th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings -- once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
Looking to warm up on the cheap? You have to read these:
- 6 Ways to Stay Warm and Reduce Your Heating Bill
- How Not to Freeze for Nearly Free
- Hold Off on Heating with These 10 Warming Ways
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.