Ask the Readers: What's the Most Valuable Degree? (Chance to win $20)
*** Congrats to the winners! ***
- For society - a science degree. For you, an engineering degree, any engineering degree. Learn to analyze and solve problems, get challenging work. mberwitch
- Tiffany Barker Massengale
- j_boucher BS in BA is listed as most valuable degree. I have one, but its really about who you know. http://goo.gl/oqpv @wisebread #WBAsk
A recent article hit the Yahoo! homepage, claiming to know the "most valuable degree." The article explained that a BSBA (Bachelor's of Science in Business Administration) took the cake — both for its versatility and its earning potential. While I suppose it depends on where you live, several of our friends' experiences have been that the BSBA has yielded little more than entry level sales jobs and a few mid-management opportunities in industries like retail or insurance. The whopping $74,000 mid-career earning quote seemed way out of reach for a degree where the hope of even finding a job has been tricky.
There are others, however, who have had better luck with this degree and are very glad that they studied general business at their four-year college. But is it the education that they credit? Or job experience? If you had to pick "one" of the most valuable degrees, would you vote for the Business Administration "catch all" solution? Or is there a more specialized trade or concentration that you think is more buzz-worthy?
What do you think would the most valuable degree? Is it even a degree? Maybe it's an apprenticeship or technical training certificate.... Let us know your thoughts in order to be entered to win one of three $20 Amazon gift cards!
Feel free to link to a blog post, if you've written on this topic! We'll include it in our post upon the conclusion of our giveaway!
Win one of three $20 Amazon gift cards:
We're doing three giveaways — one for random comments, one for random Facebook "Likes", and another one for random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Go to our Facebook page, "Like" us, then "Like" the update mentioning this giveaway (you can comment, as well -- but you don't have to for entry.)
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
- Contest ends Monday, Aug 8th at 11:59 pm CST. Winners will be announced after Aug 8th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter all three drawings — once by leaving a comment, once by liking our Facebook update, and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
- Only those who have "Liked" both our Facebook page and the contest update will be entered.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.