Ask the Readers: What's Your Favorite Frugal Comfort Food?
Everyone has a comfort food they crave from time to time. Whether its something your mom used to whip up or a special treat from your favorite restaurant, chances are there is always one comfort food option that can put a smile on your face and brighten your day. If your favorite comfort food happens to be a frugal option, even better!
What is your favorite frugal comfort food?
Tell us about your favorite frugal comfort food and we'll enter you in a drawing to win a $20 Amazon Gift Card or a copy of Little Old Lady Recipes: Comfort Food and Kitchen Table Wisdom!
Win 1 of 3 $20 Amazon Gift Cards
We're doing three giveaways — one for random comments, one for random Facebook "Likes", and another one for random tweets.
Or Win 1 of 3 Copies of 'Little Old Lady Recipes: Comfort Food and Kitchen Table Wisdom'
We are doing three extra giveaways for a chance to win a copy of Meg Favreau's new book!
Celebrity chefs? Exotic ingredients? Immersion blenders? Who needs 'em?!? Little Old Lady Recipes honors the extraordinary women who create pot luck dinners, church socials, wedding banquets, and the best desserts you've ever tasted. Ever page features their simple, no-frills recipes for pot roast, meat loaf, dumplings, corn bread, fried chicken, bundt cake, and other mouth-watering favorites, along with gorgeous photography of the chefs at work and generous portions of their kitchen table wisdom ("Butter comes from a cow. Tell me where the heck margarine comes from, and then maybe I'll eat it!").
These Little Old Lady Recipes are simple, delicious, and ridiculously cheap and easy to make. So ditch the food processor, stop wasting money on overpriced organic frozen dinners, and start enjoying the 70 classic dishes, plus variations, that our auntiesi and grandmothers have made for generations!
- Post your answer in the comments below
For extra entries (1 per action):
- Go to our Facebook page, "Like" us, and leave a comment telling us you did, or
- Tweet your answer. You have to be a follower of our @wisebread account. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it. Leave a link to your tweet (click the timestamp for the individual URL) in a separate comment.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
- Contest ends Monday, November 7th at 11:59 pm Pacific. Winners will be announced after November 7th on the original post. Winners will also be contacted via email.
- You can enter all six drawings — once by leaving a comment, once by liking our Facebook update, and once by tweeting.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered, or associated with Facebook.
- You must be 18 and US resident to enter. Void where prohibited.
Note: Due to recent changes in Facebook's promotions guidelines, we have restructured the entry format of our giveaways.