Ask the Readers: What's Your Healthy New Year's Habit?
**** Congrats to our winners!
New Year's Resolutions will be a hot topic in the coming weeks, and some of the most common resolutions will involve your personal health. Whether you're looking to lose weight, kick the smoking habit, or scale back on the caffeine, many of us have — at one point or another — made a health care resolution.
It's even more relevant with talks of health care reform. Perhaps the number way to lower costs in any sector (public or private) is to start making personal changes that will have long-lasting, healthy benefits. So what about you? Do you have a health resolution lined up? Have you tried in the past and been unsuccessful? Do you share these resolutions with others to help maintain accountability, or is this something personal that you do for just yourself (and choose not to disclose them).
Let us know how your health habits will change in January. Will you save money as a result? Or do you even bother waiting until the New Year (you can start now!) We'd love to hear what our readers have planned for healthy habits in 2010, and if you can tie it into big savings — all the better! Share your thoughts here in our comment thread or on Twitter, and you'll be entered to win one of two $10 Amazon giveaways. It's just enough to snag a subscription to a healthy living magazine or a new set of legwarmers for your winter workouts. Dozens of readers have already won. You could be next!
Win a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways — one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Thursday, December 10th at 11:59 am CST. Winners will be announced after December 10th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings — once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.