Ask the Readers: When Did You Get Your First Credit Card?
I have a confession: I have yet to bite the bullet and get my first credit card. After hearing all the horror stories about people going into debt because of credit cards, the concept of getting a credit card just isn't that appealing to me. I probably should have gotten my first credit card in college, but I thought that might be an irresponsible decision since I didn't have a full time job and (consequently) wasn't bringing in enough money to feel comfortable owning a credit card.
When did you get your first credit card? Did you have a stable job at the time? Should you have gotten a credit card sooner or later? What is the best age for someone to get their first credit card?
Tell us when you got your first credit card and we'll enter you in a drawing to win a $20 Amazon Gift Card!
Win 1 of 3 $20 Amazon Gift Cards
We're doing three giveaways — one for random comments, one for random Facebook "Likes", and another one for random tweets.
Enter 1 of 3 Ways:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Go to our Facebook page, "Like" us, then "Like" the update mentioning this giveaway (you can comment, as well — but you don't have to for entry), or
- Tweet your answer. You have to be a follower of our @wisebread account. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post OR you have a photo on flickr to share, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
- Contest ends Monday, March 7th at 11:59 pm Pacific. Winners will be announced after March 7th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email, Facebook, and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter all three drawings — once by leaving a comment, once by liking our Facebook update, and once by tweeting.
- You must be 18 and US resident to enter. Void where prohibited.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.