Bank of America Credit Card Offers: Applications & Reviews
This post contains references to products from our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. The content is not provided by the advertiser and any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any bank, card issuer, airline or hotel chain. Please visit our Advertiser Disclosure to view our partners, and for additional details.
As one of the largest companies in the United States, Bank of America provides a broad range of financial products including credit cards, loans, bank accounts, and mortgages. Its line of credit cards vary from low-interest options to rewards credit cards that award cash back and points you can use with many different airlines, cruise lines, and charities. Bank of America also makes it easy to research and compare its credit cards online, and if you choose, apply and receive a reply through its quick and easy online application process. Bank of America credit cards are also known for including special perks for its banking customers, making the variety of credit cards that much more attractive, especially to consumers who are already Bank of America customers. Whether you are already a fan or considering becoming one, there is no shortage of benefits with Bank of America.
How to Apply for Bank of America Credit Cards
Applying for Bank of America credit cards is particularly quick and easy, usually requiring that you fill out the online application and submit. You can first research the type of card you are interested in, whether you are looking for cash rewards, travel rewards, or a 0% introductory APR, and then select the card you want to apply for in just a couple clicks. In most cases, you receive a reply within minutes, letting you know that you are either approved for or denied the card of your choice.
Top Bank of America Credit Card Application Offers
Bank of America credit cards include nearly every type of quality credit card product and feature you could ever want. There is even an area to check for customized offers to find offers that don’t fall into your typical cash back or travel rewards options. Because of the sheer number of options available, there’s a good chance you’ll find the perfect card for your needs with Bank of America.
BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card
The BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card is one of the most popular cash back rewards cards available, offering 3% on gas and 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, up to a combined $2,500 per quarter. There is currently an exclusive online offer for new cardholders of $100 cash back if you make $500 in purchases with your card within the first 90 days.
BankAmericard Travel Rewards® Credit Card
The BankAmericard Travel Rewards® Credit Card awards 1.5 miles for each dollar spent on all purchases. You can redeem miles for a statement credit towards a wide variety of travel purchases. The card also offers a bonus of 20,000 points if you make at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening the account.
BankAmericard® Credit Card
The BankAmericard® Credit Card is Bank of America’s low-interest card. It offers a 0% introductory APR on balance transfers made in the first 60 days for 18 billing cycles and a low variable APR after of 11.49%-21.49%.
Susan G. Komen® Credit Card
If you want to show your support for breast cancer awareness, you can earn 3% for gas purchases and 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs up to the quarterly limit, and 1% on all other purchases with the Susan G. Komen card. Plus, Komen receives $3 for each new card activated within the first 90 days of opening, 0.08% of all purchases made with the card, and $3 when you renew your card.
World Wildlife Fund Credit Card
This card benefits the World Wildlife Fund and awards 3% cash back for gas and 2% for groceries and at wholesale clubs, up to the quarterly limit, and 1% for all other purchases. The World Wildlife Fund receives a minimum of $3 for each new card account that is opened and activated as well as 0.08% of the net purchases made with the card and $3 at renewal each year.
MLB® Credit Card
Baseball fans can support their favorite MLB team with the MLB credit card. This card also awards 3% cash back for gas purchases and 2% for groceries and wholesale club purchase up to the quarterly limit, and 1% for all other purchases.
U.S. Pride® Credit Card
Show your patriotism with the U.S. Pride card, which awards 3% cash back for gas and 2% for groceries and wholesale club purchases up to the quarterly limit, and 1% for all other purchase.
Alaska Airlines® Credit Card
Get 3 miles for each dollar spent on Alaska Airlines tickets, vacation packages, cargo, and inflight purchases, and 1 mile on all other purchases. The Alaska Airlines card also awards 5 miles for each dollar spent using Mileage Plan Dining, and benefits such as first checked bag free for you and up to 6 companions and 30,000 miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days.
Amtrak Guest Rewards® World MasterCard®
The Amtrak credit card awards 3 points for each dollar spent on Amtrak purchases, 2 points for other qualifying travel purchases, and 1 point for all other purchases. New cardholders can earn a bonus of 20,000 points if you spend $1,000 with your card within the first 90 days.
Royal Caribbean® Credit Card
This card awards 2 points for Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Azamura purchases, and 1 point for all other purchases. You can also earn a bonus of 10,000 points after making a transaction with your card within the first 65 days of account opening.
Virgin Atlantic® Credit Card
The Virgin Atlantic credit card awards 3 miles for each dollar spent on Virgin Atlantic purchases and 1.5 miles for each dollar spent on all other purchases. You get 20,000 bonus miles after your first purchase and up to 15,000 bonus miles each year on your anniversary after qualifying purchases.
Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card
You get 3 miles for each dollar spent on Asiana Airlines purchases, 2 miles for each dollar spent on gas and groceries, and 1 mile for each dollar spent on all other purchases. Each year, you also get 2 Asiana Airlines lounge invitations, a certificate for 10,000 bonus miles, and an automatic $100 rebate on Asiana Airlines tickets.
Spirit Airlines™ World MasterCard®
Fans of Spirit Airlines can earn 2 miles for each dollar spent on all purchases as well as a bonus of 15,000 miles after you make your first purchase with the Spirit Airlines credit card. This card also includes flight benefits such as preferred boarding and domestic priority check-in.
Norwegian Cruise Line® World MasterCard®
You can earn 3 points for each dollar spent on Norwegian Cruise Lines and 1 point for each dollar spent on all other purchases. The Norwegian Cruise Line card also offers a bonus of 10,000 points after your first transaction made within the first 90 days of account opening.
Celebrity Cruises® Credit Card
The Celebrity Cruises card awards 2 points for each dollar spent on Celebrity Cruises, Royal Caribbean, and Azamara Club Cruises, and 1 point for each dollar spent on all other purchases. You also get an airfare discount of $50 upon approval.
BankAmericard® Better Balance Rewards™
The Better Balance Rewards card includes a different type of rewards program than the others. You get $25 per quarter when you pay on time and more than your monthly minimum each month, up to a total of $100 per year. You also get a $5 bonus per quarter if you have a Bank of America checking or savings account.
Bass Pro Shops® Outdoor Rewards®
This card awards 5% rewards on qualifying Bass Pro Shops purchases and 1% rewards on all other purchases. You can redeem your points for merchandise at Bass Pro Shops. Plus, Bass Pro and the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation contribute to conservation at no extra charge to you whenever you use your card.
BankAmericard® Secured Credit Card
If you’re working on improving your credit rating, the BankAmericard Secured credit card can help. With your security deposit of at least $300 you can get a credit card that, through responsible account management, can help you increase your credit rating over time.
BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card for Students
For students who prefer earning cash back from purchases, the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card for Students awards 3% cash back on gas, 2% for groceries and wholesale club purchases up to the quarterly limit, and 1% cash back on all other purchases. You can also get a $100 cash bonus if you make at least $500 in purchases with the card within the first 90 days.
BankAmericard Travel Rewards® Credit Card for Students
College students who frequently travel may prefer the BankAmericard Travel Rewards Credit Card for Students which awards 1.5 points for every dollar spent with the card. You can redeem points for statement credits toward a variety of travel purchases including airfare, hotels, baggage fees, and cruises. This card also offers a bonus of 20,000 points, worth $200 in travel purchases, when you make at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days.
How to Find the Best Bank of America Card Promotions
- Internet – Our Recommended Option. Although there are many ways to find the best Bank of America card promotions, we recommend the Internet as the easiest. Online promotions often include the most up-to-date offers and many are exclusive to online applicants, like some of the sign-up bonuses offered with various Bank of America credit cards. In some cases, you won’t be able to take advantage of specific offers unless you apply online. Plus, the Internet allows you to compare and research each credit card to ensure you find the best card and promotion available.
- Mail Offers. You probably receive different credit card offers in the mail from time to time. Mail offers generally include those that are more targeted to your household and are often prequalified or preapproved offers. Credit card offers that get to you by mail also usually include special reservation numbers and invitation codes for applying for specific promotions. Most of the time, these offers will direct you to a phone number to apply or sites such as mynewcard.com and bankofamerica.com/mynewcard. Although mail offers might seem more exclusive than others, if you want to ensure you get the best offer, we still recommend that you search online and compare offers before you actually apply for the credit card. Otherwise, you risk missing out on better offers that haven’t yet been mailed out.
- TV. Bank of America TV ads include families, animals, and even The Flying Branzinos, with various credit card promotions that reach a large audience quickly. Many of the ads on TV direct consumers to a phone number or a website like BankofAmerica.com for applying for the card or another financial product in the commercial. Although these types of promotions are entertaining and extremely catch -- almost guaranteed to reach thousands of prospective customers -- you don’t get all the information necessary for comparing and choosing the best offer available. Whether you are comparing different Bank of America cards or those with different card issuers, it’s important that you research and check out other competing offers first, rather than rely on the commercial as the best credit card offer available.
- Magazines/Newspapers. Magazine and newspaper ads still reach a large number of consumers looking for credit card offers. Although it isn’t the best way to choose a credit card, it is still an effective resource for finding new card offers. These offers, however, may be outdated depending on where you end up reading the magazine or newspaper ad. They do typically include a phone number or directions to www.BankofAmerica.com, which will always have the most up-to-date credit card offers with the bank.
- Bank Branches. Because Bank of America offers so many different financial products and you can link those products together, it may be a good idea to see what kind of offers are available when you visit the bank. Like the preferred customer bonus with some of its credit cards, Bank of America may also have special promotions for customers who go to the bank branch. Further, with more than 5,000 locations nationwide, there’s a good chance you’ll find one near you.
Credit Cards for People with Excellent to Good Credit
Bank of America offers credit cards for people with excellent to good credit, as well as those with no credit or people who have had credit problems in the past. However, if none of the products seem to fit your needs as well as you’d like, you can find the best balance transfer cards, low-interest cards, travel rewards, or cash back rewards credit cards on our lists below.
- Best 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- Best Low Interest Rate Credit Cards
- Best Travel Rewards Cards
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards