Best Money Tips: Get 2.51% Cash Back From Your Taxes (Legally)
Welcome to Wise Bread's Best Money Tips roundup.
100 money saving tips for beginners. Great suggestions ranging from practical (switch to term life insurance) to sneaky (remove your credit card numbers from online accounts) to philosophical (talk to your loved ones about your dreams), and of course, the sublime (make your own beer). The Simple Dollar
Get 2.51% cash back from your taxes. If you use the Citi CashReturns MasterCard. Five Cent Nickel
Beat the average investor's returns with the simplest portfolio. Not into compulsively watching ticker symbols dance across your desktop? Try this simple, hands off portfolio setup that yields surprisingly excellent returns. The Digerati Life
How to find the true long-term cost of mutual fund fees. A 3% management expense can eat up half of the growth of the investment! Doesn't that make you want to read the previous article? All Financial Matters
How to save a million at 45. Even if you have zero savings, it's doable if you invest $1,698 in your portfolio every month. But is a million enough.... Consumerism Commentary
Six evil ways stores trick you into spending more. Double coupons? Evil. Three for $9.99 deals? Pure evil. "Sales" that aren't really sales? Kitten poker evil. Free Money Finance
How to evaluate the pros and cons of working from home. Are pros like low overhead and extra flexibility worth the lack of human contact and increased distractions? Get Rich Slowly
Ebay no longer allows sellers to leave negative feedback. According to eBay, sellers are eight times as likely to use feedback retaliation than buyers, so the perceived threat from sellers is well-earned. Finally, I can get my Firefly action figures without fear. Mighty Bargain Hunter
Millionaire Mommy shares step-by-step guide to financial independence. With this simple guide, I've officially run out of excuses to get my finances in order.
- 1: Create Your Treasure Map To A Rich Life
- 2: Identify Your Spending Values
- 3: Make Money Management a Family Affair
- 4: Track Your Money Flow
- 5: Find Financial Happiness
- 6: Order Your Free Credit Report
- 7: Improve Your Credit Score
- 8: Invest On Your Own
- 9: Calculate Your Net Worth
- 10: Put A Price Tag On Your Time
- 11: Ask 8 Questions Before You Buy
- 12: Uncover The Truth About Needs and Wants
- 13: Craft a Budget
Articles suggested by our readers:
- You can save money AND the planet (Even if you must use disposable diapers). Queercents
- 10 commonly-overlooked tax deductions for recent grads. Real World Really
- 15 Simple, inexpensive ways to take care of yourself. First Ourselves
- Everything I needed to know about personal finance I learned from Carlton Banks. Frugal Law Student
If you have a suggestion for the next edition, please post them in the forum!
Quote of the week: "Nothing says I love you like a clean litter box!" Donna "The Hopeless Romantic" Freedman
We love you too, Donna.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.