Blingo: Get Free Stuff For Using Google
We use Google countless times a day. Now we can win free prizes while doing our daily searches by using Blingo, a Google-powered search engine.
I've personally switched to Blingo and this is why:
- Blingo is powered by Google, which means you get the same search results on Blingo and Google.
- No registration or software download required. To win, all you have to do is use Blingo's search engine. You don't have to give them any contact information unless you win something. If your search is a winner, you will see a "you won!" page instead of your search results.
- Blingo gives away as many as 100 prizes a day. Some of their prizes include:
- New Ford Escape or $20,000 cash
- Home theater package
- $2,500 cash
- $1,000 cash
- Digital cameras
- $5 - $25 Amazon.com gift certificate (I'm guessing this is what I'll be winning)
- Fandango movie ticket
- People actually win stuff. Over 20,000 people have won stuff on Blingo. For example, check out this story about Blingo winners from CBS2 Chicago and another Blingo story from KUTV Salt Lake City.
- Blingo is owned by the Publisher's Clearing House. Actually, I don't know if this is good or bad. These guys have been around since 1953, but I hope they don't pay out prizes with giant cardboard checks.
- The interface is clean and fast. After a few hours of use I completely forgot that I'm not using Google.
- While no registration is necessary, Blingo does have "friends" program that encourages registration. If you become a registered user and you invite others to join, when your invitees win a prize, you win the same prize as well. Make sure you use a throwaway email address for this. Let's not forget that Publisher's Clearing House is in the business of selling magazines, and I don't trust them completely to keep things spam free.
Downsides For Using Blingo:
- You don't have access to Google's advanced search functions page.
- There is no way to change the filter level for image searches.
To test this out for yourself, check out Blingo now or the search widget below:
Photo by TheAlieness GiselaGiardino
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.