Effortless Ways to Make Money Online That Don't Require Skills
Online job opportunities are increasingly available, as well as online marketplaces for those with crafty skills to sell unique wares. But what if you're not looking for something that requires a serious time commitment? If you want to make a few bucks for spending a few minutes of downtime while waiting through commercials or during a boring conference call, here's a great list for you. Even better, some places will give you cash back for shopping at places you already shop at anyway. You'd just be leaving money on the table if you don't sign up!
InboxDollars is another program that lets you make money doing a variety of things online.
- Complete free offers and earn up to $20 by trying out or signing up for various products and services. For example, earn credits for searching with Bing! or sign up for different rewards programs. Earn $5 just for signing up!
- Take surveys. Even if you are disqualified from a survey, you get a spin on Billy's Spin and Win which lets you earn survey tokens and sweepstakes entries.
- Play your favorite games at no cost or get 10% back when you purchase token packs and boosters.
- Use the InboxDollars search engine and earn cash.
- Watch videos or complete required activities.
- Shop online through their partners and earn cash back on everyday purchases.
There are many ways to earn with Swagbucks.
- Shop popular retailers through their portal and earn points called SB. For example, you can get 4 SB per dollar at Amazon or 8 SB at Travelocity. Even better, they often have special discounts, like 15% off any order at JCPenny plus get 4 SB per Dollar. Earn $5 just for signing up!
- Take surveys to earn SB. You can earn 60 SB every day just by completing the daily surveys. Highly targeted Gold Surveys allow you to earn even more SB.
- Search using the Swagbucks search engine. Just use their search engine to do your usual internet searches and earn SB!
- Watch videos and earn up to 150 SB per day. Choose from a variety of videos including fashion, entertainment, cooking, news, and more.
- Play games and earn SB for any money you spend on your favorite games anyway.
- Swagbucks VISA Rewards Credit Card: Get 1,000 SB just for making a purchase within the first 3 billing cycles. Earn an additional 2,500 SB if you spend $1,000 within the first 6 billing cycles. Earn 1.25 SB per Dollar on every purchase.
Earn points for searching the internet through Bing Rewards. That's it. Easy. You can earn $100-$200 a year in rewards just by using Bing's search egine to do searches you do every day anyway. Use Bing on your desktop, tablet, or mobile devices (you even earn credits just by downloading the app). Credits can be redeemed for airline miles, meal discounts, or gift cards from popular retailers like Starbucks and Amazon.
If you like shopping and have kids who are college bound, Sallie Mae's Upromise service is a great way to save for your child's academic future. Upromise creates a college savings service that harnesses the purchasing power of parents, extended family, family, and students to earn rewards. These rewards go into an account that helps combat student loan debt. A brilliant idea, especially knowing how expensive college can be.
- Earn 5%-10% cash back with over 850 online shopping partners, including Sears, Groupon, Staples, and Macy's.
- Earn 2-8% cash back at over 10,000 participating restaurants.
- Earn 5% cash back when booking travel with their travel partners.
- Earn cash back by redeeming Upromise ecoupons.
- Earn cash back by signing up for offers from local businesses and services.
- Get a boost in cash back rewards by signing up for the Upromise MasterCard (extra 5% on online shopping, restaurants, and online travel, 2% on department stores and movie theaters, and 1% on all other purchases).
Cash Back Shopping
These sites offer cash back for shopping at their partners.
- Ebates: Features a "Daily Double" store that offers double cash back. For example, you can get 16% cash back for a Daily Double store, plus any available discounts or coupons they have available. Earn cash back even easier with the Ebates Cash Back Button, which will alert you if you're browsing a participating site. Sign up for Ebates today!
- TopCashBack: Passes 100% of the commission it makes to members, earning them the title of "most generous cash back site." Sign up for TopCashBack today!
- FatWallet: Current deals include up to 4% back for shopping at ebay, 6% at Groupon, or up to 27.5% at Angie's List! Sign up for FatWallet today!
- Rebate Codes: Rebate Codes offers cash back at over 900 stores (for example, 3% at Amazon and 3.5% at Overstock) as well as over 50,000 coupons. Sign up today and get $5 for joining!
- Dollar Dig: A newcomer in the cashback world, Dollar Dig offers cash rebates at over 2,600 stores. You can earn up to 60% cashback, as well as straight dollar amounts for signing up for offers. Sign up for Dollar Dig today!
- Ibotta: Earn cash back for everyday purchases like groceries, household items, and more. Sign up for Ibotta today!
Cash Back Credit Cards
If you aren't getting rewards for your credit card spending, it's time to join and start cashing in. There are some really great cash back credit cards available right now. For example:
- Citi Double Cash Card offers 1% cash back when you make the purchase and 1% when you pay.
- Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express offers 6% cash back at supermarkets, 3% at gas stations and department stores, and 1% on all other purchases. (There's also a $150 cash back bonus sign up offer!)
- The Discover it card and the Chase Freedom card both offer 5% cash back on rotating quarterly categories.
A few other places to earn some quick money doing small tasks include:
- Survey Money Machines: Large companies need lots of feedback on their vast array of products in order to continuously improve their offerings to consumers. You can be a part of the dialogue and make some good money on the side. Sites like Survey Money Machines will pay you to take a multitude of surveys. They don't pay much individually, but do a bunch, and it can really add up. (See also: How to Get Paid to Take Online Surveys)
- Amazon Mechanical Turk: Pick a HIT (Human Intelligence Task) and start earning money. Select from over 200,000 tasks and work whenever it's convenient for you. These tasks could be data entry, answering a few short questions, or looking up an answer. (See also: 4 Best Micro-Job Sites)
- TaskRabbit: People post requests for small tasks and quick errands. If you have some time to kill, you might as well make some money and help someone else out at the same time. (See also: 20+ Ways to Make Money Today)
Do you earn extra income online? How?
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.