Do-it-yourself with community help
Curbly is a community of people who are into DIY home projects. Members show off completed projects, share tips and know-how, all the while saving money on contractors.
It's a young growing community. Members have a profile area where they can post blog-like entries of their DIY projects. Posts range from decorating tips to money-saving DIY plubming tutorials!
Among my favorite posts are...
- Renovate a $3 garage sale table
- Easy photo wall on a shoe
stringwire budget (pictured here)
- Remake your old LPs into kitchsy bowls
There is also a questions area where members post questions for the community to answer. Here are some questions I clicked on.
- Where should I hang the stockings with no mantle?
- Inexpensive low beds
- Dark living room needs lighting help
- Where do I find big, beautiful art that is inexpensive?
The brains behind the operation are two people we can identify with.
- Bruno Bornsztein, who has spent the last three years fixing up his first home, wanted a place "where people can celebrate all the hard work they put into their homes".
- Ben Moore is an apartment hopper who's "always looking to do more with less, add style without hassle".
Their vision is more than a boon for fixer-upper home owners, it's a place where people are inspired by each other's projects and creativity.
We believe that with the right tools and know-how, people can create a place that fits their personality. That's why Curbly is dedicated to bringing out the best in you and your home.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.