FinCon12: The Second Annual Financial Blogger Conference
The 2nd Annual Financial Blogger Conference is just days away! From September 6th through the 9th, financial bloggers, financial professionals, columnists, authors, and financial companies will converge on Denver to network and learn. The awesome Phil Taylor from PT Money is the mastermind behind FinCon12 and has an amazing conference planned!
This year, Will Chen, Greg Go, and myself (Ashley Jacobs) will be representing Wise Bread at the conference. We are excited to attend and will be participating in many of the awesome events that are on this year's schedule!
Attendees will be able to find either Will, Greg, or myself at the various receptions, happy hours, and lunches. For a list of scheduled events, check out the #FinCon12: Schedule.
In addition to attending the various networking events, we will all be speaking at the conference! Here is our schedule:
- The Official State of the Financial Blogosphere - Greg Go and Ashley Jacobs, Saturday, September 8th at 8:30am
- How to Land Big Corporate Campaigns and Keep Them Coming Back - Will Chen, Saturday, September 8th at 11:30am
- How I Built My Million Dollar Blog and Other Questions We Can Legally Answer - Will Chen with Luke Landes and Jim Wang, Saturday, September 8th at 4:00pm
- Really, Really Basic SEO: An Interactive Workshop - Greg Go and Will Chen with Ben Edwards, Sunday, September 9th at 8:30am
- Ask the Expert - Will Chen with Carrie Rocha, Sunday September 9th at 9:15am
- Ask the Expert - Greg Go, Sunday, September 9th at 10:00am
Some of our awesome writers will also be speaking at FinCon12! Here is a complete list of Wise Bread writers who will be speaking:
- Get Your Name in Magazines: How to Get Media Attention for Your Blog - Linsey Knerl, Friday, September 7th at 10:00am
- Moving From Free to Paid Content: How to Turn Your Blog into a Membership Site - Ben Edwards, Friday, September 7th at 10:45am
- Ignite FinCon - Matt Bell and Elizabeth Lang, Friday, September 7th at 9:00pm
- How to Use Video to Build Your Brand - Jeff Rose, Saturday, September 8th at 10:45am
- The Opportunities and Challenges of Full-time Freelance Blogging - Jason Steele, Sunday, September 9th at 10:00am
Additionally, some of you will notice that our Twitter profile picture will be changed from Meg Favreau's to mine from September 5th through the 9th. I will be participating in a Twitter scavenger hunt on Saturday run by Ally Bank so to help make things easier for the scavenger hunt participants to find me instead of looking for Meg, our main Twitter picture will be changed for the conference.
We look forward to seeing all the attendees at the conference!
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.