FREE Norton Antivirus Software 2007 - $0 after MIR - UPDATED!
Well, I know some people aren't huge fans of Mail In Rebates, but this one is a killer deal. And I should know. I just bought myself a brand new notebook computer and am now in that painful position of buying brand new software. Lots of it. So this CompUSA deal is great. It retails at $79.99 but after the $80 M.I.R. you get it for free. In fact, if we're counting, you get it for minus 1 cent.
PLEASE NOTE: AS ONE EAGLE-EYED WISEBREAD READER POINTED OUT, THIS REBATE IS ONLY GOOD IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER VERSION OF NORTON ANTIVIRUS. If you are a brand new customer, this rebate WILL NOT APPLY.
Just go here and place your order. If you do it online it'll take 2-4 weeks to arrive, so not ideal if you're running out of protection any day now. But, you can pick it up instore. And not only do you get Norton Antivirus 2007, you also get Ghost 10.0. What's that? Well, check it out...
Norton Ghost 10.0
Save the stuff you care about.
- Creates full backups of your PC's contents
- Restores individual files or entire hard drive
- Monitors and optimizes backup disk space
- Encrypts backups to help keep them secure
- Backs up everything on your computer - digital music, photos, financial documents, applications, settings, operating system, etc. - in one easy step.
- Recovers your system and data even when you can't restart your operating system.
- Makes incremental backups to maximize space and save time.
- Makes backups on the fly, without restarting your system.
- Backs up to almost any media, including CDR/RW and DVD+-R/RW drives, USB and FireWire® (IEEE 1394) devices, and Iomega® Zip® and Jaz® drives.
New Features for version 10
- Automatically creates an initial backup schedule based on your computer's configuration.
- Automatically detects storage devices, analyzes your system, and offers "best practice" backup advice during installation.
- Automatically monitors and optimizes backup disk space.
- Triggers backups on key events, like new program installations or user logins.
- Creates new backups on demand with One Button "Back Up Now".
- Encrypts backups to help keep them secure.
- Task-based interface simplifies management and monitoring.
- Displays all scheduled backups - plus the degree of backup protection for each drive on your computer - in one convenient view.
- One-step setup wizard makes installation and configuration quick and easy.
- Begins backing up to Maxtor external drives by simply pressing the Maxtor OneTouch™ button.
Not bad for free. Just remember to follow Andrea's excellent advice on Mail In Rebates here , and you'll have that $80 back in your pocket soon(ish), as long as you are a previous Norton customer. Now if I can find a MIR for the Office bundle, I'll be a happy man.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.