Go Green and Get Some Holiday Shopping Bucks with RadioShack!
Got some old electronics kicking around and no idea how to recycle them? Looking for some extra cash to upgrade, replace or initially purchase a particular piece of equipment? You can apparently now do both at RadioShack. Bonus? They even pick up the tab for the shipping costs. Read on.
RadioShack has a new program where they will accept certain used electronics items in trade, and provide you with a cash value gift card in return, which you can use towards new merchandise purchased from the company. How does it work?
- Go to the RadioShack web site.
- Let them know the condition of the item and whether you'll be trading it in with chargers, adapters, headsets and whether the item is fully functional, etc.
- They let you know the appraised value.
- If you feel the dollar number is an amount you can roll with, you print off a free, pre-paid shipping label (good for the continental United States only) and get your package ready to go.
- Once the item has been received, they will verify this with you via email.
- Your RadioShack gift card will be issued ten-fourteen days after your item has been received.
- The gift cards are good either in their stores or online.
To me, this seems like a nice win-win situation where you can exercise your green muscles, snag a little cash via the company gift card, and score some free shipping as well. For further details on the program, and to see which electronics items qualify, visit the URL in this link. Happy recycling, everybody!