Holiday shipping deadlines coming up
Start shopping now if you want to get your stuff before December 25 and use free or standard shipping. Deal Hack reminds us that holiday shipping deadlines are fast approaching.
This year, Christmas falls on a Monday, so in determining the deadlines, we assumed delivery on Friday 12/22 (unless Saturday delivery is specified). As a result, the deadlines are earlier this year.
Several deadlines for standard shipping have already passed, and a few biggies are coming up fast.
The following excerpted list is "organized" by my completely unscientific balance of retailer importance and deadline urgency. Stores with standard shipping deadlines that have passed are lower on the list because we're left with express (more expensive) shipping. As a note; even as the years change, this is a good guideline to getting your gifts on time. Be sure to check with each retailer to make sure before you order!
- Buy.com - 12/13 (FREE), 12/16 (standard)
- Amazon - 12/15 (super saver), 12/18 (standard)
- Red Envelope - 12/12 (standard), 12/20 (express)
- Walmart - 12/15 (gift card shipping), 12/18 (standard)
- Old Navy - 12/12 (standard), 12/20 (express)
- Cooking.com - 12/13
- Zappos - 12/19 (FREE)
- New Egg - 12/15 (standard 3-day), 12/18 (express)
- Circuit City - 12/11 1pm EST (standard)
- Target - 12/18 (standard)
- Overstock.com - 12/4 (standard), 12/14 (express/2-day)
- Dell - 12/7 (standard), 12/12 (express/2-day)
- Smart Bargains - 12/7 (standard), 12/18 (express)
Check out the full list of retailers' holiday shopping deadlines at Deal Hack. There is information on over 50 retailers including various shipping dealines, customer service numbers, and other notes.
Here are some U.S. Postal Service deadlines for guaranteed delivery before 12/25.
- Parcel Post - 12/13
- First Class Mail (letters/cards) - 12/18
- Priority Mail - 12/20
- Express Mail - 12/22
Thanks to Pro Bargain Hunter for the heads up.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.