How Old Were You When You Started Saving? (Answer and Win!)
According to a study commissioned by the AICPA, for every dollar of assets owned by 25-34 year old consumers in the United States, they are carrying 70 cents worth of debt. If that seems excessive, then you understand how important it is to begin saving as soon as possible! Lucky for us, we now have more resources available to help the young (and the not-so-young) set attainable savings goals and keep moving forward with putting away money for their future.
We want to know about your savings experiences! How old were you when you began to seriously start saving? What tools and tricks have you found to be helpful? If you're among the many people who haven't been able to save, what is holding you back?
In addition to being entered to win our typical Trivia Tuesday prize of one of two $10 Amazon Gift Cards, we have a special prize to giveaway in conjunction with FeedThePig.org. 6 winners will be chosen to get a prize pack, containing piggy bank, stress ball, key chain, and weepul, all inspired by “spokespig” Benjamin Bankes. (Benjamin urges young adults to spend within or below their means as part of the FeedThePig campaign.) Prize packs are pictured above.
Those of you who aren’t familiar with the “drill,” read below for full details:
Win a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways -- one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include "@wisebread" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Wednesday, July 8th at 11:59pm CST. Winners will be announced after July 9th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings -- once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets with "@wisebread" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
Looking for more fun tools to help in saving for your future? Maybe you'll like:
- Beat the brain - A quick quiz to help you identify thinking and behavioral patterns that lead to overspending
- 5% challenge - An interactive tool to help you calculate your savings goals
- Resource section - This nifty list of "must reads" will give you a good start in learning more about money
(FeedThePig.org is sponsored by the AICPA.)
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.