Join Our Tweetchat on Thursday 4/12, 12pm PST for a Chance to Win a $100 or one of two $50 Gift Cards!
Join our Tweetchat this Thursday at 12:00 p.m. Pacific/ 3p.m. Eastern for lively conversation and a chance to win a $100 gift card or one of two $50 gift cards!. Use #WBChat to participate.
This week's topic: Financial Organization. Learn about financial confidence, creating financial goals and saving money with consumer financial behavior expert and Chase Blueprint general manager Caryn Kaiser. Share tips on getting your finances organized and talking with your spouse or partner about finances.
For an easy way to keep track of the conversation, try using our special Tweetchat Chatroom.
Anyone can participate, but you must be following @WiseBread and RSVP below to win our prizes!
- First place: $100 Visa GC
- Second place: $50 Visa GC
- Third place: $50 Visa GC
Winner must be US resident 18 or older. Winners are randomly selected and announced within 1 day of the chat.
To make it easier for us to keep track of attendees and pick our winners, please RSVP below with your twitter ID (put that in the "Link Title" field), email address, and your twitter URL (put that in the "URL" field, do not put your blog's url in there). Winners will be selected at random from RSVPs. If a winner is chosen who RSVPed but did not attend a 2nd winner will be chosen.
This Week's Chat is in Conjunction with Chase Blueprint
This week, Chase Blueprint is joining our chat!
We will have special guest Caryn Kaiser, general manager of Chase Blueprint, joining us! Chase recently conducted a survey about people's financial organization tendencies and has a great online quiz to help people diagnose their financial wellness. Here is a breakdown of the results:
The Organized Bird Gets the Worm:
- Those who take the time to manage their personal finances live with more confidence.
- According to the study, 42% of respondents currently feel confident (23%) or optimistic (19%) about their personal finances.
- Of those who describe themselves as confident with regards to their money, nearly half (45%) feel more organized with their personal finances than their home or work life.
- About 24% of Americans cited their personal finances as the aspect of their lives where they feel most organized.
- 68% of the general population find managing their monthly credit card payments to be easy.
Good Financial Communication Means Good Partnership:
- 72% of married Americans find it easy to talk with their partner about personal finance.
- Almost two-thirds of people report never having kept a financial secret from their partner.
- 92% say it is easier to talk to their spouse or partner about personal finances than the general population (72%).
- 82% were less likely to argue about finances with their spouse or partner than the general population (61%).
Strategies to Stay Financially Organized:
- 37% of Americans put a great deal of time into planning their finances each month, while 40% put some planning into their finances on a monthly basis.
- 57% of people use online banking to help them with their monthly planning.
- 28% of respondents use a written budget and 17% use a spreadsheet on their computer to keep themselves on track financially.
- When asked on a scale of one to 10 to rate their ability to manage their personal finances, the average response was 6.8 with a 10 meaning excellent.
More About Chase Blueprint
Here's a message from our sponsor:
Chase Blueprint is an industry-first set of free features that dramatically improves the way Chase customers can manage their spending and borrowing. Blueprint helps customers take charge of their finances, pay down balances faster, avoid interest on everyday purchases (even when they carry a balance), pay off major purchases while saving on interest, and track their purchases against their customized spending goals. Blueprint is available on all Chase Freedom®, Chase Sapphire, Slate from Chase, and Ink from Chase cards. For more information, visit www.chase.com/blueprint.
Caryn Kaiser, is the General Manager of Chase Blueprint, a recent innovation available for free on many Chase credit cards, which is improving the way customers manage their spending and borrowing every day. Under her leadership, Blueprint has become the most successful standalone product launch in Chase Cards history with more than one million customers.
New Parenting Chat Immediately Before #WBChat
Our sister blog Parenting Squad (@ParentingSquad) will be hosting a parenting chat every Thursday at 11:00 am Pacific. Drop by for fun parenting conversations and a chance to win prizes! Use #PSChat to participate.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.