Join Our Tweetchat on Thursday 7/26, 12pm PST for a Chance to Win a $100 or one of two $50 Gift Cards!
Join our Tweetchat this Thursday at 12:00 p.m. Pacific/ 3p.m. Eastern for lively conversation and a chance to win a $100 gift card or one of two $50 gift cards! Use #WBChat to participate.
This week's topic: Back-to-School Shopping. Learn about creating a back-to-school shopping budget, saving money when you shop, and making a list. Share tips on what to buy, what not to buy, and how to prioritize your spending.
For an easy way to keep track of the conversation, try using our special Tweetchat Chatroom.
Anyone can participate, but you must be following @WiseBread and RSVP below to win our prizes!
- First place: $100 Visa GC
- Second place: $50 Visa GC
- Third place: $50 Visa GC
Winner must be US resident 18 or older. Winners are randomly selected and announced within 1 day of the chat.
To make it easier for us to keep track of attendees and pick our winners, please RSVP below with your twitter ID (put that in the "Link Title" field), email address, and your twitter URL (put that in the "URL" field, do not put your blog's url in there). Winners will be selected at random from RSVPs. If a winner is chosen who RSVPed but did not attend a 2nd winner will be chosen.
This Week's Chat is in Conjunction with Chase Slate with Blueprint
This week, Chase Slate with Blueprint is joining our chat!
We will have special guest Erica Sandberg (@EricaJSandberg), spokesperson for Chase Slate with Blueprint, joining us! Chase recently conducted a survey about people's back to school shopping plans for this year! Here is a breakdown of the results:
Back-to-School Shopping Trends:
- 32% of people surveyed said their back-to-school spending will be similar to pre-recession spending.
- 43% of Americans think clothing and apparel will be their biggest expense when back-to-school shopping this year.
- 24% of respondents said that books would be their biggest expense while 23% said technology would be their biggest expense.
- Half of the people surveyed said they would not be purchasing tablets or smartphones for their children.
- 26% said they would not buy their children designer clothes.
Lessons Learned for 2012:
- 38% of Americans say they have a budget for school-related expenses this year. In 2011, only 26% of Americans created a budget for their school-related expenses.
- 39% of shoppers revealed they saved money by purchasing necessities like books before spending money on discretionary items like designer merchandise.
- 34% of respondents said that making a list and sticking to it was the key to saving money when back-to-school shopping.
More About Chase Slate with Blueprint
Here's a message from our sponsor:
Chase Slate includes Blueprint, an innovative set of financial management features that helps customers design plans to save on interest and pay down balances faster. With Slate with Blueprint, customers can take greater control of their finances and make real progress every day.
- Save Money: Slate's Blueprint features help customers manage spending and borrowing — on their terms. Blueprint is easy to set up, customizable, simple to use and free with a Slate card.
- Save Time: Slate with Blueprint not only saves customers money, it saves them time, Customers can choose from a range of free online and mobile features that let them manage their account when and where they want.
- Stay Secure: Slate customers are covered. Slate with Blueprint comes standard with Chase's patented Fraud Protection and security features, which means around-the-clock protectino for customer accounts. To learn more, visit www.chaseslate.com.
New Parenting Chat Immediately Before #WBChat
Our sister blog Parenting Squad (@ParentingSquad) will be hosting a parenting chat every Thursday at 11:00 am Pacific. Drop by for fun parenting conversations and a chance to win prizes! Use #PSChat to participate.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.