Join the Resolution Revolution!
Tired of the same old boring New Year resolutions? Me too. Life's too short, don't you think? The people at Skineez certainly agree. They've agreed to give away a pair of their skin care wear to one lucky commenter. So read on, get inspired, and share your “out of the box” resolution with the rest of us. Ready?
For those of you who haven't heard of Skineez, they are a body shaping and skin care product gaining popularity among even the celebrity crowd. They are available at Macy's and normally retail for about sixty-eight dollars. But you have a chance to try them out free by participating my personal resolution revolution. You need only to post your innovative resolution idea in the comment section below to be entered to win.
What am I looking for?
Basically, resolutions that celebrate life and the pursuit of a higher state of being. Here are a few ideas that are, in my humble opinion, worth considering.
- If you can't remember the last time you got naked in a rainstorm, make it a priority the next time you experience a downpour.
- Dance with your dog at least twice a week.
- Make a commitment to more intimacy with your spouse. If three love-making sessions a week is all the time you are carving out to celebrate the person who's committed their entire life to you, I encourage you to rethink that schedule. If you don't think you have the time, pick a simpler dinner plan and search out some eco-friendly paper plates.
- Have another brownie, put on your big girl panties, and deal with it. Life's too short to eliminate chocolate.
- Try a new type of wine at least once a month.
- Check out the stars more. After all, 2009 is the international year of astronomy.
- Bring more flowers into your life, even if you have to plant or pick them yourself.
- Make a commitment to as many daily meditations as it takes to find that inner voice, and start following the advice it gives you.
How to proceed?
I have to admit, I was just going to recommend taking stock of your life and picking something fun and out of the norm. But Tim Smith over at Smile Therapy did me one better by sharing a questionnaire he uses that's designed to bring the full picture to the forefront, making these issues easier to spot. Here are the highlights:
- How would you rate both your physical and mental health?
- Are your relationships functioning the way you'd like? (spouse, significant other, friends, family)
- How would you rate your work situation and / or your satisfaction with it?
- What about how your finances are sitting? (assets, debts, cash flow)
- Are you progressing with regards to your short and long term goals?
- How much “fun factor” do you have in your life? (What cool things have you done in the past 12 months? Are you living life to the fullest, or just going through the motions?
- Are you progressing spiritually? (For example, do recent actions make you feel your moral compass is accurate? What have you done recently for your fellow man? Do you feel “tuned in” to the universe or are you still waiting for that cosmic connection? )
Remember Wise Bread readers, it's later than you think. Need a little motivation? I recommend the tune “Lock and Load” from Bob Seger's It's a Mystery Album. It'll get you rockin' into the new year with the right attitude. You have my personal guarantee. Happy 2009, everybody!
Simply post a comment for a chance to win a set of Skineez skin care wear. The deadline for comments is January 8th, 9:00 a.m. EST. **CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED*****