Hot Today

Wise Bread articles that are hot today.

Best Money Tips: Save Money and Have Fun During the Holidays

Today we found some stellar articles on saving money and having fun at the holidays, ways to save $1 a day, and steps to make your money last a lifetime.

Stockpiling Is Rarely the Answer

Stockpiling for an emergency might seem like a good (and frugal) idea. But in reality, your time and money is probably better spent.

Join Our Tweetchat on Thursday 12/13, 12pm PST for a Chance to Win one of ten $50 Gift Cards!

Topic: Holiday Shopping. Join our conversation for chance to win one of ten $50 gift certificates! Use #WBChat to participate!

Best Money Tips: Teaching Kids About Saving Money

Today we found some fantastic articles on teaching kids about saving money, the best job hunting tips of the year, and things you must know about the Roth IRA for 2013.

Europe Reborn As A Budget Destination?

I had written off Europe as a possibility for the budget traveler long ago. I did it with great difficulty, because I know from experience there is nothing like the food, history,

Savers suffering as rates fall--what to do

Interest rates for ordinary savers held up pretty well after the first Fed rate cut in July last year.  There was a simple reason--banks needed the money.  With the cr

Free Prostate Cancer prevention readily available

98% of men say they do it; the other 2% are lying. But far from it being something to be embarrassed about, researchers have strong indications that this very common activity could

One Way to Combat High Prices - Just Run Out of Gas

A story recently appearing in the Atlanta Journal Constitution told of a growing trend in the metro Atlanta area - people running out of gas. This is probably to be expected consi

Best Money Tips: Tax Loopholes for the Working Man and Woman

Today we found some stellar articles on tax loopholes, handling a part time side business, and beating burnout as a working grad student.

Making direct deposit safe for the garnished

The US Treasury pays more money to more people than just about anybody in the world. Last year it disbursed more than $1.6 trillion in 982 million individual payments. As you can

Book Review: The Post American World

Is there a link between having a modern society and having a western society? The vast economic and military power of the United States (and before that, the United Kingdom) has m

Best Money Tips: Save $200 a Month

Today we found some awesome articles on saving $200 a month, unexpected wedding venues, and ways to save on jewelry.

Simplicity and being cheap

People might look at how I spend money and say I'm cheap or a tightwad. If they do, though, they're missing the point. The fact is, I'm much more interested in simplicity than I

Best Money Tips: Ways to Get Rich Quicker

Today we found some awesome articles on ways to get rich quicker, how to start saving for your summer vacation, and cutting wedding cake costs.

Declare a Frugal Friday Fun Night

Ah, Friday nights. A time when we can relax and unwind without worry of going to work the next day (or the next). You walk in the door from work ready to kick off your shoes and

Poisonous Infant Formula May Be Closer Than You Think

The FDA recently issued a warning against infant formula produced in China. With our current regulations, it seems that there would be no chance of the average consumer even havin

Money Market Accounts: Ideal for Emergency Funds

With a higher return than a regular savings account, a money market bank account is a good choice for your emergency cash.

Free Food This Week and a Chance to Give to Make-A-Wish Foundation

Free ice cream, egg rolls, and tiny subs are yours for the taking. This week only, 5 fine eateries are offering you a chance to snag a freebie -- and an opportunity to be charitab

Best Money Tips: Money Lessons to Teach Kids in High School

Today we found some awesome articles on money lessons to teach kids in high school, phrases that kill resumes, and how to stop stressing over money.

Books Get Recalled, Too (The Shocking Truth)

Just when you thought the world of consumer product recalls was largely limited to lead-based toys, laceration hazards, and the phenomenon of exploding laptop batteries, we can now