About: I'm Erin Chase. I have a little problem. I can not make a meal that costs more than $5. Even if I try. My brain will no longer allow it. It's filled with prices on my favorite products. It races through recipes and numbers as I go through the grocery store, wondering 'can I pull off that meal for less than $5? Is that price on those chicken breasts too high to swing a $5 meal?' It's unnatural, really. But, my pocketbook thanks me! I'm a child of God, wife of an adorable, supportive and godly husband and mom to 2 precious little boys (3.5 and 1.7). I grew up in San Antonio, TX, and went to college at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, TX. A few short months after graduating from TCU, I found myself in the Dominican Republic as a missionary and high school math and science teacher. I met my husband in the DR. We married a year and a half after meeting. We continued living and ministering in the Dominican Republic as houseparents after we were married. This year as a housemother really allowed me to polish the skills that I now use everyday here on the blog! I learned the ins and outs of budgeting, shopping, and menu planning...all in a 3rd world country! It was my responsibility to shop, plan and execute (cook!) 3 meals a day, 7 days a week for 12 teenage boys! We later taught at a small elementary school in our town, where I managed the hormones of the 6th and 7th grade classes, and hopefully taught them a few academic things too. The year that I was pregnant with my oldest son, I was the principal of our elementary school. Talk about a hormonal roller coaster ride! After his birth, I worked part time from home as a consultat/part-time administrator at the school. After 6 years of ministry in the Dominican Republic, we moved back to the US 2 years ago while I was pregnant with my youngest son. At first, I found life in the US overwhelming. Now that the reverse culture shock has worn off, I really enjoy the luxuries and comforts of home. When I'm not couponing, grocery shopping or blogging, I enjoy date nights, training for and running half marathons, scrapbooking, hanging out outside (at 60 degrees or higher :), reading and hanging out with girlfriends! How $5 Dinners came to be... Back in late summer 2008, I began couponing. It started paying off immediately! I love to cook and I love the challenge of coming up with a meal that costs under $5. A few weeks before I started the blog, I'd shared with my husband that "this meal was only $3.85, or tonight's dinner cost about $5." One night as I was cleaning up the dishes from dinner I thought of the phrase "$5 Dinners". The rest is history!
$5 Dinners has a Wise Score of 94.37, which ranks it #13 among personal finance blogs.
Wise Score is an average of six statistics: MozRank, Number of Links to Domain, Klout Score, Twitter Followers, Alexa Rank, and Compete Rank. A Wise Score of 90 means the blog is better than 90% of its peers "on average". Learn more.
|Date||Rank||Wise Score||MozRank|| Linking|
| Facebook |
Recent Feed Items
Recent Tweets from @5dollardinners
- The Erin Chase Daily is out! http://t.co/nHgV8aliNl ▸ Top stories today via @HoosierHomemade @CDStolenMoments @goodLifeEats
- Looking for a sweet treat in a healthier smoothie form? Check out this new recipe for No Bake Cookie Smoothie!... http://t.co/Za69KS7Yep
- No Bake Cookie Smoothie http://t.co/S8KaMl0gA2
- Today only get a coupon code for $10 off any $25 purchase at Abe's Market! They carry high quality natural... http://t.co/WFepkBgbFH
- The Gluten-Free Homemaker is offering her How to Be Gluten Free on Kindle for FREE today!... http://t.co/UcnwLIU2oL
- New Restaurant Coupons & Deals for this week including Starbucks, Outback Steakhouse, Mimi's Cafe, Burger King,... http://t.co/OK21sOeYbE
- $10 off $25 purchase at Abe's Market http://t.co/ErCr8lt2yx
- Restaurant Coupons & Deals - 5/21 http://t.co/yAfH9g8xSC
- Free Kindle Download: How to Be Gluten Free http://t.co/t5m1hfGiiK
- Our hearts and prayers go out to all who are affected in the horrific tornado destruction in Moore, Oklahoma... http://t.co/9Kim48aYzr
Recent Tweets about @5dollardinners
- RT @5dollardinners: No Bake Cookie Smoothie http://t.co/S8KaMl0gA2
- via @5dollardinners $10 off $25 purchase at Abe ’s Market Now ’s the time to grab a few things from Abe ’s Mar http://t.co/4bschu5umC
- RT @5dollardinners: The Gluten-Free Homemaker is offering her How to Be Gluten Free on Kindle for FREE today!... http://t.co/UcnwLIU2oL
- Congrats on making our Top #Food Blog list, @bakersroyale @AshleyRodriguez @5dollardinners @ClosetCooking http://t.co/8Tx5EH3vNC
- Thanks for the reminder! RT @5dollardinners: Gluten-Free Homemaker offering How to Be Gluten Free FREE today!... http://t.co/ByHT39i4oj
- via @5dollardinners Restaurant Coupons & Deals – 5/21 The latest coupons, freebies and deals from your favorite re http://t.co/v9eQGBV8iM
- RT @5dollardinners: Restaurant Coupons & Deals - 5/21 http://t.co/3uhuO6xRem
- @HappyHousewife @JennKL @5dollardinners deal!
- Likewise! Let's do it again soon RT @jennkl: @5dollardinners @hallublin had such a great time tonight :-) So nice to spend time with you all
- via @5dollardinners Perfect Recipes for Your Memorial Day Gathering Summer is here. It seemed to come out of nowhere http://t.co/DdW3KvlatA
Social Media Reach & Influence (by Klout)+/-
|Stat Name||Value||Stat Explanation|
|Klout Score||59.61||The Klout Score is a 0-100 rating of @5dollardinners's overall influence on Twitter.|
|True Reach||942||True Reach is the size of @5dollardinners's engaged audience. Klout eliminates inactive and spam accounts, and only include accounts that @5dollardinners actually influences.|
|Network Score||27.35||0-100 rating of the influence level of @5dollardinners's engaged audience.|
|Amplification Score||8.00||0-100 score of the likelihood that @5dollardinners's tweets will be acted upon by their followers.|
|Broadcaster||You broadcast great content that spreads like wildfire. You are an essential information source in your industry. You have a large and diverse audience that values your content.|
|Influential Topics||Influenced By||Influencer Of|
Google Search Rankings (by SEMRush)+/-
SEMRush finds the Google keywords where 5dollardinners.com ranks in the top 20 search results.
|SEMRush Rank||28,737||Rating of sites by the number of visitors coming from the first 20 Google search results.|
|SE Keywords||4,692||Number of keywords (search queries) the domain ranks in the top 20 Google (US) search results.|
|SE Traffic||20,645||Estimated number of visitors coming from the first 20 Google search results (per month).|
|SE Traffic Price||$20,290||Estimated cost of purchasing the same number of visitors.|
Top 10 Most Valuable Search Rankings
The domain's best rankings; considering their position, other competition, demand for the keyword, and cost to purchase an AdWords ad for the keyword.
Top Competitors in Search Results
Domains that frequently appear in the same search results as this domain.
|#||Domain||Common Keywords||SE Keywords||SE Traffic||SE Traffic Price||AdWords Keywords|
Potential Ad/Traffic Buyers
AdWords buyers next to this domain's Google search results.
|#||Domain||Common Keywords||AdWords Keywords||AdWords Traffic||AdWords Traffic Price||SE Keywords|
Majestic SEO Stats+/-
|Stat Name||Value||Stat Explanation|
|Referring Domains||9,718||Number of referring domains known for this item. If -1 then this number is not yet known.|
|Referring .EDU Domains||4||Number of referring domains from EDUcational sites (only exact .edu TLD included; no regional domains).|
|Referring IPs||6,356||Number of referring IP addresses.|
|External Backlinks||558,141||Number of external backlinks for this item.|
|Indexed URLs||153,451||Number of URLs for given item type present in index - these are NOT backlinks, but rather URLs belonging to given domain or subdomain: this metric is useful as an indication of domain content size.|