The Consumerist empowers consumers by informing and entertaining them about the top consumer issues of the day. We are a leading online resource for consumer-driven advice about dealing with everything from non-existent customer service to onerous cell-phone contracts to ever-shrinking (and ever-more-expensive) grocery products. The Consumerist is published by Consumer Media LLC, a not-for-profit subsidiary of Consumers Union, and takes no outside advertising. The Consumerist highlights the persistent, shameless gaffes of modern consumerism - and the latest scams, rip-offs, hot deals and freebies. We also encourage our readers to tell us about their everyday experiences with absurdities of consumer culture - and suggest ways for them to fight back.
Consumerist has a Wise Score of 98.79, which ranks it #1 among personal finance blogs.
Wise Score is an average of six statistics: MozRank, Number of Links to Domain, Klout Score, Twitter Followers, Alexa Rank, and Compete Rank. A Wise Score of 90 means the blog is better than 90% of its peers "on average". Learn more.
|Date||Rank||Wise Score||MozRank|| Linking|
| Facebook |
Recent Feed Items
- Best Of Comments: Confusion, Chaos, Comcast
- Enough People Take Surveys For Us To Know That Five Guys Burgers Are Better Than McDonald’s
- Facebook’s New Mobile Ad Network Uses Your Data To Target You In Other Apps And Sites
- Kroger Recalls Spinach In 15 States Because No One Wants A Listeria Salad
- Net Worth Of 400 Richest Americans Hits $1.7 Trillion, Means They Probably Don’t Have To Eat Cereal For Dinner
Recent Tweets from @consumerist
- My Late Mother's Broken Kindle Leaves Me Brokenhearted, Amazon Goes Above & Beyond http://t.co/4QPnNSZMPa
- Big Lots Finds Kids' Safety Unbelievably Important http://t.co/xrL9kpuuOW
- Man Who Stole $624,000 From Walmart Is Ruining It For The Rest Of Us http://t.co/MyPyJZkrsZ
- Victoria's Secret Won't Be Making A Mastectomy Bra Because It's "Complicated" http://t.co/1vWcJJ5OE2
- My KitchenAid Oven's Self-Cleaning Cycle Is A Self-Destruct Sequence http://t.co/zEi8LpnKBT
- Megabus Oversells Tickets, Driver Calls Cops When Passengers Refuse To Give Up Seats http://t.co/9YQKkCp3xS
- Ice Cream Company Knows What You're Here For: You Want Nutrition? Eat Carrots http://t.co/CMk9kIkC2o
- Colorado Dad Goes Out For Ice Cream, Thwarts Robbery http://t.co/2JVRm45bw3
- Residents Of Chicago Neighborhood Sue To Stop Weekly Plague Of Coupon Circulars http://t.co/7aeT8ZixCB
- The Xbox One Is Intended To Be An All-In-One Home Entertainment Solution http://t.co/nkINz4BSVg
Recent Tweets about @consumerist
- @consumerist what time is it in phoenix now?
- Silly Me, Expecting My Mail-Order #Pharmacy To Pay Attention To My Meds: http://t.co/36sAc919q6 | via @Consumerist
- @consumerist This is a constant nuisance for a lot of American neighborhoods. I predict this lawsuit will not be the last.
- @consumerist Not surprised. When I used Megabus regularly on the East Coast incidents like overselling & ticketing snafus were the norm.
- @consumerist Good job, Consumerist!
- Time to step up #lossprevention RT @consumerist: Man Who Stole $624,000 From Walmart Is Ruining It For The Rest Of Us http://t.co/rrqiHjnjOI
- Amy's Baking Company Cancels Press Conference Under Lawsuit Threat From Gordon Ramsay's Prod Co. http://t.co/lQ8z3vYxhG via @consumerist
- My Late Mother's Broken Kindle Leaves Me Brokenhearted, Amazon Goes Above & Beyond http://t.co/Tlf5pb2QRD via @consumerist
- RT @consumerist: HSBC Closes Bank Account Over 14 Cent Overdraft http://ow.ly/18DADu
- RT @consumerist: My Late Mother's Broken Kindle Leaves Me Brokenhearted, Amazon Goes Above & Beyond http://t.co/4QPnNSZMPa
Social Media Reach & Influence (by Klout)+/-
|Stat Name||Value||Stat Explanation|
|Klout Score||68.48||The Klout Score is a 0-100 rating of @consumerist's overall influence on Twitter.|
|True Reach||7,228||True Reach is the size of @consumerist's engaged audience. Klout eliminates inactive and spam accounts, and only include accounts that @consumerist actually influences.|
|Network Score||39.55||0-100 rating of the influence level of @consumerist's engaged audience.|
|Amplification Score||7.00||0-100 score of the likelihood that @consumerist's tweets will be acted upon by their followers.|
|Pundit||You don't just share news, you create the news. As a pundit, your opinions are wide-spread and highly trusted. You're regularly recognized as a leader in your industry. When you speak, people listen.|
|Influential Topics||Influenced By||Influencer Of|
Google Search Rankings (by SEMRush)+/-
SEMRush finds the Google keywords where consumerist.com ranks in the top 20 search results.
|SEMRush Rank||2,004||Rating of sites by the number of visitors coming from the first 20 Google search results.|
|SE Keywords||47,959||Number of keywords (search queries) the domain ranks in the top 20 Google (US) search results.|
|SE Traffic||377,559||Estimated number of visitors coming from the first 20 Google search results (per month).|
|SE Traffic Price||$555,448||Estimated cost of purchasing the same number of visitors.|
Top 10 Most Valuable Search Rankings
The domain's best rankings; considering their position, other competition, demand for the keyword, and cost to purchase an AdWords ad for the keyword.
Top Competitors in Search Results
Domains that frequently appear in the same search results as this domain.
|#||Domain||Common Keywords||SE Keywords||SE Traffic||SE Traffic Price||AdWords Keywords|
Potential Ad/Traffic Buyers
AdWords buyers next to this domain's Google search results.
|#||Domain||Common Keywords||AdWords Keywords||AdWords Traffic||AdWords Traffic Price||SE Keywords|
Majestic SEO Stats+/-
|Stat Name||Value||Stat Explanation|
|Referring Domains||153,275||Number of referring domains known for this item. If -1 then this number is not yet known.|
|Referring .EDU Domains||228||Number of referring domains from EDUcational sites (only exact .edu TLD included; no regional domains).|
|Referring .GOV Domains||30||Number of referring domains from GOVernment sites (only exact .gov TLD included; no regional domains).|
|Referring IPs||67,254||Number of referring IP addresses.|
|External Backlinks||19,322,636||Number of external backlinks for this item.|
|Indexed URLs||3,037,202||Number of URLs for given item type present in index - these are NOT backlinks, but rather URLs belonging to given domain or subdomain: this metric is useful as an indication of domain content size.|