What Does the Word "Recession" Mean to You? (Answer for a Chance to Win $10!)
Winners update!! -- Congrats to the following winning submissions:
- What Recessions means to me... Submitted by Kristin (comment #16): "Well, I was laid off, and many, many of my friends have been too, or had their hours/salaries reduced. Sounds like a recession to me."
- @Karen604 "Recession means things take longer cooking at home, line drying clothes, combining shopping trips. But it's good in end"
Economists have it defined. News anchors provide ample commentary on what it is and how it affects us. But what about the "real" people living in today's economy? Do they "feel" the recession? What do they think a recession really is? Tell us for a chance to score some quick Amazon cash!
This one is easy. Just share your comments on what you think the word "recession" means. It can be your own personal experience, what you learned about it in college, or what you wish the media was really telling us about how it works (or in this case, doesn't work.) Do you have extra commentary on when it will end? Or are you just completely fed up with the use of the word altogether? We'd love to hear your thoughts for a chance to win!
Those of you who aren’t familiar with the “drill,” read below for full details:
Win a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways -- one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBTrivia" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Thursday, July 16th at 11:59am CST. Winners will be announced after July 16th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings -- once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBTrivia" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
For additional "recession" related reading, try these articles:
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.