Women of personal finance spotlight: Nina Smith of Queercents here to answer your questions
Nina is one of the most media savvy bloggers around. I'm personally looking forward to asking her about how she's able to get such great press on the New York Times, Bankrate.com, and Entrepreneur magazine.
This interview is part of Wise Bread's spotlight on the Women of Personal Finance. At the end of the interview period we'll publish the best questions and answers from the forum interview and post them on the homepage. If your question gets picked we'll include a link back to your blog.
About Nina Smith
Blogger: Nina Smith
By day, Nina sells software, but her real estate investments have grown to become a significant part of her financial plan. She has owned and lived in four homes from varied eras (three of which she upgraded and sold for tidy profits, one she occupies now). She also owns three investment properties and sold a fixer a few years ago in Palm Springs.
Nina is the founder and fearless leader of Queercents, a syndicate of personal finance writers serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community. But you don't have to be part of the LGBT community to benefit from Queercents. As Trent from The Simple Dollar once pointed out:
Although it’s awesome that they’re targeting such a specific audience, the truth of the matter is that Queercents is just a great personal finance blog, period. The writing is amazingly strong on a daily basis and I find the advice highly applicable to my own life as a heterosexual white Protestant living in rural Iowa.
Check out the great content on Queercents and find out why Trent has such high praise for its writing:
- Ten Money Questions: interviews with prominent people in the LGBT community.
- Sleeping with Money: love, relationships and money
- WWYD: as in What Would You Do
- In Search of Gay Money: Queercents reprints advice from straight columnists by swapping out pronouns and a few other words to make it seem like the whole world is queer.
- Building Wealth Consciousness From Within: How-To series from Dr. Lana highlighting our relationship between the power of the mind and wealth.
- Career & Money: Paula’s helps readers move beyond the daily grind
- Femme Economics: Mooreas writings for just between us girls
- God & Mammon: Aundi’s essays on god, religion and money
- Pink & Green Parenting: How-To go green without wasting greenbacks as a queer parent.
- Reducing Pet Costs: Andrea’s fetches a few tips to minimize the cost of owning a pet.
- Rising Cost of Food: Serena’s cheap and easy ways to stretch your food dollar.
- Tipping Etiquette: Mike’s series explores the ins and outs of tipping.
Please drop by the forum and have a chat with Nina today.
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.