You know you're a Wisebread reader if...
What makes a Wisebread reader? Why are you guys so, well, special? I sat, I pondered, I scribbled down notes furiously. This is what I came up with. It's a small list, just 30 entries. I have a feeling you crafty folks will have more to add before the week is out. So here we go.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE A WISEBREAD READER IF...
- …you haggle for a lower price at the dollar store.
- …the first part of the paper you turn to is the coupon booklet.
- …you still have t-shirts in your closet from the 80s.
- …you find more than two uses for almost everything you own.
- …your eyes go straight to the discount stickers in Target.
- …you’ll search online for three days straight to find the cheapest flights.
- …spending more than $100 makes you sweat a little.
- …you’ll ask for a doggie bag for one forkful of leftover food.
- …you can find designer clothes at WalMart prices.
- …mail-in rebates are not a challenge but a way of life.
- …a dumpster can also be a treasure-trove of goodies.
- …you can create a decent 3-course meal for $3.
- …you get more free stuff in a week than most people get in a year.
- …you live life much larger than your overpaid boss.
- …you have savings for a rainy day, a sunny day and a snowy day.
- …you think Rachel Ray is being extravagant on $40 a day.
- …people ask you about good deals before searching the web.
- …you really can get blood out of a stone.
- …it’s not a bargain until it’s at least 70% off.
- …you won’t check-out at an online store without a promo code.
- …you’ve never paid more than $50 for a 3-star hotel room.
- …store brands fill your pantry.
- …the 10-second rule is absolutely, positively something you endorse.
- …refurbished or reconditioned means just one thing – deal.
- …you check your receipts twice before you leave the store.
- …you’ve set the alarm for 2am to hit the Black Friday sales.
- …and you also have battle scars from those sales.
- …you believe there really is such a thing as a free lunch (and have proof).
- …stale food is not a problem, it’s an opportunity.
- …your heart rate rises when you hear the words sale, clearance or bargain.
Great haggling photo by Fazen . Thanks!
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.