Want to stay in San Francisco but don't want to pay an arm and a leg? Want more out of that $100 + a night stay in the city in the way of personality? Want some place that'
During my last trip to the grocery market, there was a sign in the egg case announcing that, yes, the price of eggs are rising. I’m guessing that there have been a few complaints.
98% of men say they do it; the other 2% are lying. But far from it being something to be embarrassed about, researchers have strong indications that this very common activity could
My ex-coworker told me that he is applying to a new startup called Predictify. He showed me their website and I was intrigued. Basically, the company lets people predict events t
I’m not a Windows Vista fan. In fact, my new PC runs on XP, but uses OpenSource applications for most of my business needs. So wh
A while back I posted the first of what I promised would be "Ten Tenets to Arranging Your Rich". And wouldn't you know it, right after posting Tenet #1, things got
You don’t have to be a fortune 500 (or even a fortune 500,000) company to take advantage of these tips for good business practice. In fact, some of the best small businesses hav
During the recession of 1990-1991, and the period of very slow growth that followed, it became conventional wisdom that it was wrong to try to retain key employees through a slowdo
How are your resolutions to get fit, exercise more, and lose weight going? If you need a nudge or some encouragement, check out my doable-with-a-busy-schedule approach to getting r
My parents always told me that buying a timeshare is a bad idea because of the inflated upfront cost and perpetual maintenance and exchange fees the timeshare companies pile on.
It has just reached spring temps here in Nebraska, and the ice cream junkie in me has emerged from winter slumber. What better way to feed the
Are you the type that likes to have everyone over to your house? How would you like to score free party goods for your next gathering?
The chances are, you're dehydrated right now. In fact, over 75% of the American population is deyhdrated, and worse still, over 80% know they are. No big deal? Well, it is actu
If you are planning a big trip with multiple countries on the itinerary, purchasing a
I have been trying to drive at 55 miles per hour to save gas, and I am doing it by driving behind big trucks in the slow lane so that I do not get honked at or pulled over by the h
Look for 'clone' recipes to make your favorite restaurant dishes at home.
Paul Michael essentially wrote this post in January but it needs to be said again. A culture that remedies a systemic problem that stems from borrowing, with, well...more borrowing
Wal-Mart gets its fair share of negative press. However, a recent article in the new National Geographic’s Green Guide magazine really had me t
When investing in things that pay an interest rate--things like CDs and bonds--it's tempting to try to get the maximum interest rate, and then to try to lock up that rate for a
Closing in on the big day and concerned the budget is spiraling out of control? Believe it or not, you can have a classy event without going permanent
Become a fan
Subscribe via email: