Ask the Readers: Is Now the Time to Shop?
***We have our winners!****
In the past, I have used credit card points to buy gift cards for Lands End or Toys R Us to then purchased gifts for my kids and relatives. But this year, I started my own business so I can now shop at the Sample Sale of a local gift trade show. I am so excited! My friends and I are going together and I hope the prices are as good as I've heard. I very rarely go shopping for fun anymore so I'm looking forward to the event as much as the sale prices.
Whether are not you are fully convinced that a falling dollar will put a crunch on how far your holiday spending will get you, there are many advantages to buying early (especially when you can get a fabulous deal.) All the hype, however, has caused a few people to consider buying very early -- before they even have the money -- putting Christmas gifts on a low or no-interest rate credit card in anticipation of what the dollar may do (or not do) come December.
Are you thinking that maybe, this year is a "special" year? Do you think it may be wise to buy as soon as possible, instead of waiting out the pending Black Friday tradition and the savings that accompany it? Or are you going to play it straight, save your cash, and buy when you can afford it (regardless of that pesky shrinking buck)?
I want to hear your thoughts on the holidays and the U.S. economy -- if you have any. If not, just let us know what you usually do each holiday (use credit, cash, layaway, or a combo of both?) Share them here in our comment thread or on Twitter, and you'll be entered to win one of two $10 Amazon giveaways. It won't offset global economic crises..but it's good for a nice paperback. Dozens of readers have already won. You could be next!
Win a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways — one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Thursday, October 22nd at 11:59 am CST. Winners will be announced after October 22nd on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings -- once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)