Ask the Readers: What's Your Best Post-Holiday Purchase? (Chance to win $10!)
****Congrats to our winners!
Comment #11 90% off Christmas items Submitted by K on December 22, 2009 -
I wait it out....and then tend to stumble on the 90% off stuff. My husband needled me to buy more wrapping paper last year....we now have enough for the next 3 decades! UGH! This year however, I must admit, I will be on the lookout for one of those cheesy Santa hats....and possibly an antler headband. LOL. I might even add bells! LOL!!!
Do you shop the after-holiday sales? You might want to consider it, since retailers like Target have a rather aggressive markdown schedule (and who couldn't use 90% off wrapping paper for next year?) One of my most thrifty post-season sale purchases involves the annual holiday Christmas ornaments and the snow globes -- I would never pay $30 for a musical snowglobe commemorating 2009, but $5, I can swing.
What are you best after-holiday purchase stories? Do you love shopping after the season? When do you head out? If you don't, why not?
Share your thoughts here in our comment thread or on Twitter, and you'll be entered to win one of two $10 Amazon giveaways. It's just enough to snag some of those post-holiday markdown deals. Dozens of readers have already won. You could be next!
Win a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways — one for random comments, and another one for a random tweets.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Friday, December 25th at 11:59 am CST. Winners will be announced after December 25th on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings — once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets that contain both "@wisebread" and "#WBAsk" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.