Do You Barter? -- Tell Us and Enter to win $10!
It’s time for our weekly trivia question: Do you Barter? Have you ever traded services or goods without cash? What has been your experience?
Our own Philip Brewer mentioned bartering, among other options, in his recent "Opting out of the Money Economy". In fact, it is very likely that many of use will use barter sometime in our lifetime. Whether you do a straight trade with someone you know, or choose to use an official Barter currency (like trade credits, points, etc.) it's becoming more and more the "cool" thing to do. RecessionWire even gives you some basic tips in their Barter 101 tutorial, if you've no idea where to begin.
So, what do you think? Is bartering something you've tried and been successful at? Are you new to the game, or have you been doing it for years? What would you recommend to others just getting into the barter game? Your comment could win you a $10 prize!
Those of you who aren’t familiar with the “drill,” read below for full details:
Win a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate
We're doing two giveaways -- one $10 Amazon gift certificate for a random comment, and another one for a random tweet.
How to Enter:
- Post your answer in the comments below, or
- Tweet your answer. Include "@wisebread" in your tweet so we'll see it and count it.
If you're inspired to write a whole blog post, please link to it in the comments or tweet it.
At the end of the drawing, we'll update this post to include (and link to) all of your helpful responses.
- Contest ends Wednesday, July 1st at 11:59pm CST. Winners will be announced July 2nd on the original post and via Twitter. Winners will also be contacted via email and Twitter Direct Message.
- You can enter both drawings -- once by leaving a comment and once by tweeting.
- Only tweets with "@wisebread" will be entered. (Otherwise, we won't see it.)
Disclaimer: The links and mentions on this site may be affiliate links. But they do not affect the actual opinions and recommendations of the authors.
Wise Bread is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.