Write for Wise Bread
Would you like to share that knowledge with devoted readers while earning money for your writing?
We are looking for Staff Writers just like you!
- What are the benefits of writing for Wise Bread?
- What kind of writers are you looking for?
- How do I apply?
- Wise Bread gives you instant access to a thriving community of readers (2.5 million page views per month).
- We have a dedicated marketing team working behind the scenes to get our bloggers exposure and recognition in the blogosphere and mainstream media through social media and press connections.
- Wise Bread has been mentioned by media powerhouses like Yahoo!, Slate, PC World, MSN Money, CNBC, NPR, and The New York Times. Our writers have been interviewed on local and national radio, TV, and magazines.
- We have a worldwide distributed book, 10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget, which lifted our bloggers to Published Authors standing, and extended our reach beyond the online community.
Freedom and Flexibility
- By having multiple authors, we can cover a wide range of personal finance, frugal living, and life hacking topics without diluting the quality of the content. Each blogger can write about what they know and love.
- Having more writers also mean content responsiblity doesn't lie on your shoulders alone. Take your time creating the best content, rather than pushing out content just to fill up space.
- You are backed by a hard-working admin team that provides sales, tech, marketing and pr support so that you can focus on what bloggers do best — content and community.
Wise Bread writers are dedicated to living smart, savvy, and fun lives in spite of our limited resources. We value writers who are creative, resourceful, and internet-savvy.
Here are a few of the major topics we're interested in:
- Savvy shopping tips to keep you stylish, sassy, and solvent.
- Frugal living suggestions that keeps you living a rockstar lifestyle on a shoestring budget.
- Financial advice that is easy to understand and easy to apply.
- Career and money-making ideas that'll add zeros to your bank account.
- General grownup know-how your parents forgot to tell you.
Email us at email@example.com with the following:
1. Three sample posts of at least 500 words. (We will NOT publish posts submitted as an application. If we hire you, and the sample posts have not been previously published, you may submit them for publication. We will never publish them on our own accord.) These posts should show off your ability to write in different styles (for example, show that you're able to write concise how-to guides as well as interesting commentary ). The three sample posts MUST be on topic. If you are linking to existing work, those must be on topic too.
You are welcome to send other examples of your work, but please remember the three on topic sample posts are an absolute requirement.
2. Five concrete and specific ideas for future posts. Include details and/or an outline of the meat of the posts. For example, if you plan on writing about effective budgeting techniques, please list briefly what some of those techniques would be.
We're looking for smart, helpful and insightful writing. We love stories that are authoritative, extremely useful or highly entertaining.