cancer

Financial Peace in Hard Times

Six months ago, I had plans. Lots of them. Career plans. Vacation plans. Financial plans. Then everything fell apart. My mother became ill. She had already been ill, having been di

Do plastic baby bottles cause diabetes and heart disease?

What? Poisonous infant formula wasn't enough? Plastic baby bottles and the linings of canned food may be linked to diabetes, heart disease, and altered development in infants' brai

Love Your Skin With Free Health Screenings!

May is skin cancer awareness month, and as a close friend to many skin cancer survivors, I know how important it is to get regular check-ups. I

Free Prostate Cancer prevention readily available

98% of men say they do it; the other 2% are lying. But far from it being something to be embarrassed about, researchers have strong indications that this very common activity could

The Cost of Meat—The Personal Health Argument

This continues from "The Cost of Meat—Too High To Pay." The Personal Health Argument attempts to show that there is few, if any, benefit from eating meat. This will cover heart disease, cancer, and calcium intake. [more]

Is Plastic Killing Us? The True Cost of Convenience

Plastic is really hard to avoid. In fact, it's everywhere. Clothing, mattresses, furniture, carpet - plastic is used to prevent fires as well as food stains. And now, plastic is in an even more exciting place! Your bloodstream. [more]